How many Thermaltake Riing Trio fans could I run off a Thermaltake Pro Sync controller?

Crashbash111
Go to solution Solved by Inelastic,

I've been using one with my fans. It's 9 fans split into 3 channels. Each channel has its own speed control that can be plugged into a mobo header. The 3 fans on a single channel will have its speed controlled identically. The lighting is controlled by one source, so each channel will be identical to the other. That means that fan port 1 on channel 1 will be the same as fan port 1 on channel 2, etc. If you want, you can plug all three fan controllers into one header, controlling all 9 fans off the single header, since it doesn't actually draw from it to power the fans.

Hi everyone,

I've been buying components for my new build slowly but surely, and I've been careful with my planning to ensure I've been obtaining aura sync compatible hardware for the most part. My GPU is the Strix 1070ti with native aura sync support, and I have the z390-F asus motherboard that has 2 RGB headers and an addressable RGB header. As part of this build I'm hoping to get a large selection of RGB fans that I'll be able to synchronize using the aura sync software. However finding fans that look good and support this is proving difficult.
After doing a bit of research I've come across the Thermaltake Riing Trio fans which IMO look pretty good and combined with the Thermaltake Pro Sync Controller allow you to connect it to an addressable RGB header on an ASUS motherboard. So far so good. My next problem arises with how many fans can I actually run off of this one header. I'm hoping to purchase 8 Riing Trio fans and synchronize all of them with the sync controller, but I'm uncertain on whether each individual fan will be addressable - nor whether the pro sync controller can actually power all of them. From what I've gathered so far I'm pretty sure the headers only support a max of 120 LEDS which I'm sure 8 fans would no doubt exceed. I'm also unsure if each individual fan will actually be addressable, or if the hub simply pairs multiple of them together.

I can't find much info on this and I don't really want to invest a lot of money on importing these components if I'm gonna have no luck or fry something. I'll continue my research in the meantime.
Does anyone have any experience with the Thermaltake Pro Sync Controller?

3 hours ago, Crashbash111 said:

-SNIP-

The controller is capable of 9 addressable LED fans and will provide external power, the header from the motherboard will only provide it the control signaling for changing the lighting effects and modes.

As for options coolermaster does make an ARGB fan that is capable of wiring directly to the motherboard's addressable header. 

I've been using one with my fans. It's 9 fans split into 3 channels. Each channel has its own speed control that can be plugged into a mobo header. The 3 fans on a single channel will have its speed controlled identically. The lighting is controlled by one source, so each channel will be identical to the other. That means that fan port 1 on channel 1 will be the same as fan port 1 on channel 2, etc. If you want, you can plug all three fan controllers into one header, controlling all 9 fans off the single header, since it doesn't actually draw from it to power the fans.