GPU Optiplex 9020

I was hoping someone could help me. I'm running a dell optiplex 9020 (i5- 4570 @ 3.20GHz Service tag # (24wrr12-1F66) mother board (0pc5f7)  I recently bought a PYN GTX 750  ( $ 50) but when I install the card I get  no display. (hooked up through the Mini HDMI) Can anyone help me? I chose the 750 because it doesn't require power from the PSU. I was told that I may not be able to put this or other graphics cards in this cpu because it is running the Legacy BIOS, but have also read that many people didn't have this problem. My BIOS is up to date. I was hoping this would be an easy plug an play solution because I wouldn't have to buy a new PSU. 

2) Would anyone recommend the RX570 or 580 for this PC? Its always on sale. If so would I need to get a new PSU. Mine is the original 390 Watt that came with this dell. I would hate to buy a new graphics card and it not be compatible with my old computer 

On 12/22/2018 at 7:38 PM, Aaron55 said:

I was hoping someone could help me. I'm running a dell optiplex 9020 (i5- 4570 @ 3.20GHz Service tag # (24wrr12-1F66) mother board (0pc5f7)  I recently bought a PYN GTX 750  ( $ 50) but when I install the card I get  no display. (hooked up through the Mini HDMI) Can anyone help me? I chose the 750 because it doesn't require power from the PSU. I was told that I may not be able to put this or other graphics cards in this cpu because it is running the Legacy BIOS, but have also read that many people didn't have this problem. My BIOS is up to date. I was hoping this would be an easy plug an play solution because I wouldn't have to buy a new PSU. 

2) Would anyone recommend the RX570 or 580 for this PC? Its always on sale. If so would I need to get a new PSU. Mine is the original 390 Watt that came with this dell. I would hate to buy a new graphics card and it not be compatible with my old computer 

Have you tested that card with another PC and confirm that it works?

If it works in another PC then I suspect that the PCIE slot in your Dell might not be able to provide enough juice/power to the graphics card. Or if card does not work in another PC, it could be a DOA card. 

Also without the card installed, the device just works fine?

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti