Youtube lag

AkSo2504

Hello,

Since few days youtube just freezes for 1 sec when i click on the fullscreen button or reverse.

so the time it chaning to fullscreen the video freezes but the audio is still there. havent had this before, didnt change anything.

Does someone else has that problem too?

In the past few days I noticed that if I click off a tab and click back to the youtube tab the video stays frozen for several seconds (audio still playing) and then it jumps to the current position.

For some reason it takes it a while to realize that it's not in the background anymore and it needs to start playing the video again.

Not sure if it's youtube or chrome, but it only started happening a few days ago.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

14 minutes ago, Enderman said:

In the past few days I noticed that if I click off a tab and click back to the youtube tab the video stays frozen for several seconds (audio still playing) and then it jumps to the current position.

For some reason it takes it a while to realize that it's not in the background anymore and it needs to start playing the video again.

Not sure if it's youtube or chrome, but it only started happening a few days ago.

I have the same issue. :( 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

13 minutes ago, Enderman said:

oh yeah thats what i have too sometimes the last few days.

maybe im not alone ?

Not getting this.
Video and Audio still play fine during the transition to fullscreen on my side.

23 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I do get this though(but not always, seems random). I'm guessing it's just the tab hibernating or something?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

so ive found out one really strange thing:

when i change the hardware acceleration setting in chrome and click "restart" it fixes my problem for a few minutes. But its really weird that it doesnt depend on if hardware acclereation is on or off i just need to change it, like wtf??

But maybe it has nothing to do with the hardware acceleration but just with the "restart" button. But if i close chrome and open it, it changes nothing