What about us Europeans?

KUDAHL

Hello,

I've been following the channel for the past few months and has time and time stomped undo the deals, which are displayed in the videos and description, often are much more expensive on the Europeans website. Is it just me, or haven't Linus Tech Tip not made "European" friendly gaming rigs? Please don't hate on me if I've just missed it. I'm just really curious :) 

How is he supposed to know EU prices, let alone order them to Canada and build a PC?

Also, you can always come here, tell us the budget and we can come up with some builds/suggestions.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

13 minutes ago, KUDAHL said:

Hello,

I've been following the channel for the past few months and has time and time stomped undo the deals, which are displayed in the videos and description, often are much more expensive on the Europeans website. Is it just me, or haven't Linus Tech Tip not made "European" friendly gaming rigs? Please don't hate on me if I've just missed it. I'm just really curious :)

1. Welcome to the LTT forms, you will enjoy it here.

2. US and Canada is their main demographic (or some shit like that, check their video on how they make money or one of their honest answers videos). Like PopsicleHustler stated, ask us and we will give you some help.

3. TBH, there are some great value builds in UK PC Magazines. Don't ask how I got a hold of them in Singapore.... Just know that I know that I told you....

Good Luck with our PC build! (if you build one...)

18 minutes ago, TiresomeToe933 said:

TBH, there are some great value builds in UK PC Magazines. Don't ask how I got a hold of them in Singapore.... Just know that I know that I told you....

Very legitimate business? 

Anything shown on videos, except sponsored builds, are just suggestions. Time to time we see people coming and asking for content more suited for their area. Be it India, South America, China or Australia/NZ. Fact is that Linus doesn't have resources for creating that kind of content. They can do stuff while being on sponsored gig for something else (TechDeals China episode for example). But for Europe for example, Linus hasn't been here very much overall. Some promotional thing in London and the Sennheiser and Noctua factory tours. But thats it. He hasn't been many other places for work either. Only in Mexico, US and Taiwan. And I don't see that changing. Bringing whole crew is costly thing. And getting valuable content just by research takes time.

For build suggestions Europe is hard. If you are in EU, you can take advantage of tax system and international shipping options (at least continental Europe). But pricing between UK to Germany to Hungary to Serbia is so wide, its really hard to check what is budget and what isn't. Or what brands are even available.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

PC hardware is usually more expensive in the Europe, because you pay VAT at the time of your purchase. And general logistics cost also add to the price.

However, some deals can be found in Europe as well. For example, Vega cards are good value, as you can get AIB Vega 56 card for around €350, cheaper than 1070 Ti

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

3 hours ago, KUDAHL said:

Hello,

May geizhals.eu be your friend. Whatever Linus recommends, drop it in this page and check which store has the stuff and for what price. It's a best way to get stuff cheap(er) across EU.

Just take the US price and add 30%, and you'll get a rough estimate of the european price in Euros. Gotta keep eurocrats rich with those tax money, you know

🙂

11 hours ago, Supportsneedlove said:

Very legitimate business? 

Very legitimate business, they have their logo's copyrighted and some of those mags come from reputable PC Websites, which ones, can't be fucked to gets my mags and tell you, but they are very legit and are useful.

if products in Europe are "much more expensive" then I don't know how to describe prices in south america lol..... xqse me I'll go cry on my bed

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

because then we would get a billion "what about us <country that isn't US or Canada>?" threads and questions wanting builds relevant to their country.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Arika S said:

because then we would get a billion "what about us <country that isn't US or Canada>?" threads and questions wanting builds relevant to their country.

What about the Vulkans?

The Klingons?

The Corellians?

The Irkens?

The Neuroi?

The Ventrexians?

The Amphibiosans?

The Garblovians?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

What about the Vulkans?

The Klingons?

The Corellians?

The Irkens?

The Neuroi?

The Ventrexians?

The Amphibiosans?

The Garblovians?

What about the droid attack on the wookies?

"Hyper Demon" Build: 

Case: NZXT H440 Hyper Beast.  CPU: AMD R9 3900x (cooled by a KrakeX62).  GPU: AMD XFX RX 6900XT Merc 319 Black.  RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 32GB ram @3600mhz.  Mobo: Asus Crosshair VI hero. PSU: Corsair RM850x.  Boot drive: Samsung 960 evo 500gb nvme ssd.  Game storage: Samsung 860 evo 1TB SATA SSD.  Bulk storage: WD Black 2TB.  

5 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

What about the Vulkans?

The Klingons?

The Corellians?

The Irkens?

The Neuroi?

The Ventrexians?

The Amphibiosans?

The Garblovians?

Just now, Java said:

and my axe!

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Java said:

Nah. They're console peasants.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.