Severe frame drops in some games, cpu bottleneck?

Blu3Jay
Go to solution Solved by Neo-revo,
3 minutes ago, Blu3Jay said:

I have 2x4gb ddr4. I run duel channel. I've already narrowed it down to the hard drive, however it doesn't make much sense anyways because I run other games equally or more intensive perfectly fine off of the same drive. Ill get a nice Samsung 1tb drive and see how far that gets me, I'm also upgrading to the 2700x and going to be getting tridentZ 2x8gb 3000. if there is still a problem with anything then I'm going to say Eff yuh Activsion

AAA games are released in the 'final BETA'   and after a month or 2 (if your lucky) they update it and it works better

EDIT- **** by certain producers*****

Build:

Ryzen 2200g

MSI ARMOR rx 580 8GB

8GB ddr4 2199 ram

500w EVGA PSU

A370 MB

Some games run crystal clear on max, for example league of legends and monster hunter world.
However on games like black ops 4, I get some of the worst screen tearing I've seen in my life. Vsync is always on, and running max settings. I've tinkerd with every setting and nothing seems to work.

judging from the build, my brain tells me its a cpu bottleneck but my gut tells me I don't have enough ram. What do you peeps think?

Bo4 is new and isn't optimized to run better, the same thing happened with PUBG and when they optimized it, the problem was fixed. 

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

2 minutes ago, SpiralTTGL said:

bo4 is legit trash optimization and you only have 8gb ram

also what storage do you have it also uses that

I have it stored on an old hard drive, but I set the VRA to all of the 8 gigs I have

8 minutes ago, Blu3Jay said:

I have it stored on an old hard drive, but I set the VRA to all of the 8 gigs I have

your studdering its HDD related the game uses your storage to load stuff during the game

4 minutes ago, SpiralTTGL said:

your studdering its HDD related the game uses your storage to load stuff during the game

Soooooooooooooo I have a 126gb ssd to boot from, sounds like its time to upgrade then. Because when I run the game I have performance monitor sitting on my other screen and I never see any of my component's hit 100% the highest score I saw was my cpu hitting 70%

46 minutes ago, Blu3Jay said:

hes is right

old hard drive Red flag,.. i have large games, and or games i want to run well on a SSD>HDD  

you get much better performance since it removes the moving parts that were the slowness of old drives, and you get bet much better random access (textures/maps/etc) which greatly decrease map load/loads in general

but I set the VRA to all of the 8 gigs I have  you get that popup 'blah blah page file/ virtual ram blah blah"    that means you need more RAM sticks or bigger faster sticks, 8 gb of 2199mhz ram DDR4...

even my the ram i am using for my computer is faster... and its DDR3(2400mhz).   so right there you have a limitation.  also i run 4x8gb sticks.. so you get less than 1/4 of the bandwidth allocated for your cpu to find/process info than my cpu does.. (that in its self is a major limit too)  setting VRA if you mean dedicating the system ram to use the vega cores to boost your gpu performance. then sadly you didn't do it right.    My  old 290X cards have ddr5 and  the new cards have even better ram on them. 

IF this is how you are talking about your ram then you should have bought more ram, and bigger/faster sticks, if you only have one 8 gb stick thats a start. but you should have dual channel, and atleast 16 IMO to sufficently use the APU cores, and still have ram to do stuff with your computer 3200mhz would have been a better choice for speeds.

37 minutes ago, SpiralTTGL said:

He is  very right. old AF hdd's= bad game performance.

8 minutes ago, Neo-revo said:

hes is right

old hard drive Red flag,.. i have large games, and or games i want to run well on a SSD>HDD  

you get much better performance since it removes the moving parts that were the slowness of old drives, and you get bet much better random access (textures/maps/etc) which greatly decrease map load/loads in general

but I set the VRA to all of the 8 gigs I have  you get that popup 'blah blah page file/ virtual ram blah blah"    that means you need more RAM sticks or bigger faster sticks, 8 gb of 2199mhz ram DDR4...

even my the ram i am using for my computer is faster... and its DDR3(2400mhz).   so right there you have a limitation.  also i run 4x8gb sticks.. so you get less than 1/4 of the bandwidth allocated for your cpu to find/process info than my cpu does.. (that in its self is a major limit too)  setting VRA if you mean dedicating the system ram to use the vega cores to boost your gpu performance. then sadly you didn't do it right.    My  old 290X cards have ddr5 and  the new cards have even better ram on them. 

IF this is how you are talking about your ram then you should have bought more ram, and bigger/faster sticks, if you only have one 8 gb stick thats a start. but you should have dual channel, and atleast 16 IMO to sufficently use the APU cores, and still have ram to do stuff with your computer 3200mhz would have been a better choice for speeds.

He is  very right. old AF hdd's= bad game performance.

I have 2x4gb ddr4. I run duel channel. I've already narrowed it down to the hard drive, however it doesn't make much sense anyways because I run other games equally or more intensive perfectly fine off of the same drive. Ill get a nice Samsung 1tb drive and see how far that gets me, I'm also upgrading to the 2700x and going to be getting tridentZ 2x8gb 3000. if there is still a problem with anything then I'm going to say Eff yuh Activsion

3 minutes ago, Blu3Jay said:

AAA games are released in the 'final BETA'   and after a month or 2 (if your lucky) they update it and it works better

EDIT- **** by certain producers*****

Well max settings and vsync isn't good for a game like bo4. Ive haven't been able to use 8gigs on a lot of games. That wont change, get more and hope for the best.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz