Graphics card issue HELP PLEASE

Go to solution Solved by Brazsty,

try the gpu in your 2nd pci-e slot.

This topic is quite SOLVED thought another issue has occurred, the card is now "clicking" (sound here)

Hello, ill make this story as short as possible and still give you as much information as needed.

Okay, so i received my PowerColor Radeon R9 280x 3GB TurboDuo OC in the mail and as soon i plugged it in, connected the necessary cables, started the computer i noticed i didnt get any signal.

So here i will type the necessary information you guys might need to help me solve this problem.

I've sent powercolor an email about this, the said i should try to update bios, and i dont think thats quite necessary since its almost the latest version and in the "update log"-thing on msi's website there arent written anything about some graphics card relevant updates in newer ones.

The also told "If possible, please try plug this card into a Win8 ready system to check this card can work normal or not. If it can work, it may be graphic card UEFI function has compatibility problem with MB BIOS."

Since i dont have a "Win8  ready system" to check this card on i cant quite do this. Also, If it would've worked on a "win8 ready system" how could i fix this thing? 

It could be that my 600w psu isnt enough but, since its labeled MINIMUM 500w i'd guess it would work. 

The fans on the card are spinning so that is a good sign.

PowerColor Radeon R9 280x 3gb <- click for specs.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4 GHz (Ivy Bridge)

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45  (more info)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz

PSU: Corsair CX 600w (more info)

If you want more information or something just post and i will answer as quick as possible!

Did you plug in the 6 pin to the card? Also have you tried using someone elses PSU with that card? Seems like a PSU problem. 

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert Pirsig 

Hello, ill make this story as short as possible and still give you as much information as needed.

Okay, so i received my PowerColor Radeon R9 280x 3GB TurboDuo OC in the mail and as soon i plugged it in, connected the necessary cables, started the computer i noticed i didnt get any signal.

So here i will type the necessary information you guys might need to help me solve this problem.

I've sent powercolor an email about this, the said i should try to update bios, and i dont think thats quite necessary since its almost the latest version and in the "update log"-thing on msi's website there arent written anything about some graphics card relevant updates in newer ones.

The also told "If possible, please try plug this card into a Win8 ready system to check this card can work normal or not. If it can work, it may be graphic card UEFI function has compatibility problem with MB BIOS."

Since i dont have a "Win8  ready system" to check this card on i cant quite do this. Also, If it would've worked on a "win8 ready system" how could i fix this thing? 

It could be that my 600w psu isnt enough but, since its labeled MINIMUM 500w i'd guess it would work. 

The fans on the card are spinning so that is a good sign.

PowerColor Radeon R9 280x 3gb <- click for specs.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4 GHz (Ivy Bridge)

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45  (more info)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz

PSU: Corsair CX 600w (more info)

If you want more information or something just post and i will answer as quick as possible!

did you connect the monitor to the gpu?

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

This sure isn't a PSU problem.

How so? Happened plenty of times to me throughout my builds. But it does seem to glide toward the MB but i would try a different PSU first. If money is a problem.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert Pirsig 

How so? Happened plenty of times to me throughout my builds. But it does seem to glide toward the MB but i would try a different PSU first. If money is a problem.

CX Series are fine and 600 Watt is enough.

CX Series are fine and 600 Watt is enough.

Yeah, maybe not his CX series. Every brand has problems. Though its rare with corsair. It can easily happen.

i think it is too or it may be your pci-e slot or like @kinkywink said make sure you plug in your monitor cables in to the gpu it self

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

does windows recognize it's there, even if it's not working? (check under devices)

“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.”    -Henry Ford

Please do BOINC. no matter how small a contribution it can make a difference. 

Did you plug in the 6 pin to the card? Also have you tried using someone elses PSU with that card? Seems like a PSU problem. 

So there is a 8pin and a 6pin on the card

I've tried plugged both with and without the 6 to 8 pin adapted and every possible way with my PSU.

And nope, i havent tried someone else's PSU (And i prolly wont be able to do that for at least 2-3 days) 

Oh thanks, i forgot that -.- 

Thats not funny im quite sad over this :( 

@nixproducer seen some people do that recently :L

as for op @jaywee, does the gpu even start up when yyou turn the computer on?

does your power supply have 48amps or w.e on all your 12v rails?

sometimes its not the wattage that matters. if you dont have enough amps running to your gpu it will just not have enough power to do anything..

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

Yeah, maybe not his CX series. Every brand has problems. Though its rare with corsair. It can easily happen.

I'm not sure if it's the CX or RM series but corsair has been floping between PCB manufactures going away from seasonic for it, so it could very well be the problem. 

Also try reseating the graphics card too. I had a problem with no signal when I had a 680 and took it out to clean it, but I reseated it and it worked fine.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Im getting a reading for like, maybe 470watts. you want about 40% unused. I recommend a higher power output PSU. 750 maybe if you're not looking to splash. Corsairs are normally great but it happens. 

dw happens to everyone once in a while

Not to mention AMPS, though CX says it does have enough. So, up the wattage. Go for i series with corsair. 

Not to mention AMPS, though CX says it does have enough. So, up the wattage. Go for i series with corsair. 

hes already fixed it.

dw happens to everyone once in a while

Please tell me this isn't the problem....

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

Please tell me this isn't the problem....

lol 

read the posts before replying, problem solved

33914696.jpg

tumblr_m59co7aJl31rpbxguo1_500.gif

Seriously though try another PSU, another PC then RMA it. 

After RMA it should work.

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

Really, WOW... :'D

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

Really, WOW... :'D

I think the amount of sarcasm in his post should be evident even through text.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245