Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Should I wait until CES?

Westy55

Should I wait until ces or should I just upgrade later on?

I'm just very eager to build this pc and I want to know if it's worth the wait. 

(here's my list as of now)

What do you mean Ryzen 2 isn't going to be on AM4? AMD has pledged to use AM4 until like 2020-2021.

2 minutes ago, Westy55 said:

Okay well I know ryzen 2 isn't going to be using am4 so there is really no way to plan for upgradability. 

Where did you take that? ryzen 3000 series will definitely be on am4.

IF you would put a better motherboard into your computer right now you could upgrade to ryzen 3000 or 4000 series down the road.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

Just now, ThePD said:

What do you mean Ryzen 2 isn't going to be on AM4?

Fuck I was wrong it will use am4.

My bad

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

Yep I just noticed it my bad

That being said.. we have less than a month until CES. You might as well wait to see what happens, and if you aren't interested in what AMD has to offer, go with the build you have here.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

IF you would put a better motherboard into your computer right now you could upgrade to ryzen 3000 or 4000 series down the road.

Is that mobo not good enough for the r 3000?

Just now, ThePD said:

That being said.. we have less than a month until CES. You might as well wait to see what happens, and if you aren't interested in what AMD has to offer, go with the build you have here.

Well I am interested. 

gtx 1080 performance for $249 

4 minutes ago, Westy55 said:

Should I wait until ces or should I just upgrade later on?

I'm just very eager to build this pc and I want to know if it's worth the wait. 

(here's my list as of now)

I guess yes

because if you are wondering whether or not you should wait then you are unsure about your choice so you should wait, mostly to do appropriate research

I would probably suggest going with a 2x8 setup for your ram nowadays since trying to run chrome tabs and a game eats up memory pretty quickly

Just now, Westy55 said:

Is that mobo not good enough for the r 3000?

I would wonder if it is even good enough for the r5 2600. Especially if you want to do overclocking the vrm cooling is poor.

Go for at the very least msi b450m mortar.

Just now, Palden said:

I would probably suggest going with a 2x8 setup for your ram nowadays since trying to run chrome tabs and a game eats up memory pretty quickly

but who said he are going to run chrome tabs while gaming?

Just now, Palden said:

Yeah, that's my problem. I don't know how I would balance the budget for that.

Mobo is pretty subpar and so is the ram. I did that to get the1060

well the most Im expecting is amd to announce ryzen 3 with another 1-3 months before that release and/or nvidia to maybe announce a 2060 with a release of god knows when.

So i guess you could wait but you might be waiting awhile after CES for things to be available  

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

1 minute ago, Westy55 said:

the corsair cx550m make little sense for $40

there are much better units for $45-50 (seasonic focus/550 G2)

get the CX450,

Just now, Westy55 said:

Then just continue saving up and wait for CES. It is only a few weeks away, you can continue being without a computer until then.

Even if you aren't going with a ryzen 3000 series you could still go for the new AMD cpus.

Also rx580 is a much better deal than a gtx 1060, and performs the same.

Just now, ITheSpazI said:

well the most Im expecting is amd to announce ryzen 3 with another 1-3 months before that release and/or nvidia to maybe announce a 2060 with a release of god knows when.

So i guess you could wait but you might be waiting awhile after CES for things to be available  

That's what I was saying. Should I just keep what's in my pc and upgrade later?

1 minute ago, 17030644 said:

but who said he are going to run chrome tabs while gaming?

Tbh, even running a voip service like discord and running some of the newer games brings my ram usage up to 7-8 gb by itself, and you really don't want to make your computer start running swap instead of having some free space for it

Just now, Westy55 said:

That's what I was saying. Should I just keep what's in my pc and upgrade later?

I would just do it now, you can always sell and swap out parts later. If ryzen 3 is earth shattering you can still get it since it uses am4 and sell the 2600 or whatever. same thing with the GPU 

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

Then just continue saving up and wait for CES. It is only a few weeks away, you can continue being without a computer until then.

Even if you aren't going with a ryzen 3000 series you could still go for the new AMD cpus.

Also rx580 is a much better deal than a gtx 1060, and performs the same.

Okay I saw that I guess I'll ditch the color scheme because I don't care that much

3 minutes ago, Palden said:

Tbh, even running a voip service like discord and running some of the newer games brings my ram usage up to 7-8 gb by itself, and you really don't want to make your computer start running swap instead of having some free space for it

What do you think of this.

Better, but I would still probably wait a few months because any Q1 announcements generally lower price on older cards anyway since sellers have to clear out inventory.

4 minutes ago, Westy55 said:

This is a little knit-picky but I recommend this case, its super super sturdy, has a really nice finish, I have put many many builds in mine and its still going. Might be a little hard to find now since it is a couple years old. I got the orange one if your wondering

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Graphite-Series™-230T-Compact-Mid-Tower-Case/p/CC-9011036-WW

2 minutes ago, ITheSpazI said:

This is a little knit-picky but I recommend this case, its super super sturdy, has a really nice finish, I have put many many builds in mine and its still going. Might be a little hard to find now since it is a couple years old. I got the orange one if your wondering

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Graphite-Series™-230T-Compact-Mid-Tower-Case/p/CC-9011036-WW

Ive built in the corsair R series and it is also a very fine case, it looks better than graphite series IMO.

Also @Westy55 The new build is better, build it if you cant wait anymore, but i would wait.

I don't see any point of waiting until CES. Thats stupid point to wait on. If anything interesting gets announces, the actual releases will be 3-6mo away. CPUs get released late-spring to summer, GPUs mid-spring to late-spring. There's handful of stuff which is ready to hit the selves on CES, mainly cases and other stuff like that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv