Can i connect my Blu Ray Player to my PC?

Godospartan

Alright, so. I want to watch all my blu ray movies i have but i don't want to have to change slots. and i would also like to screen share on skype watching movies with my friend. but i don't have a blu ray drive, only a seperate player. so in order to do this, i figure the best way is to make it so my blu ray player and PC communicate. but i wouldn't know how to do this. so anyone know how? or if it's even possible?

Current Rig: Case: Coolermaster MasterBox 5 Mid-tower. CPU: Core I5-6600K. GPU: Nvidia GTX GeForce 1070 Founders Edition. Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P. RAM: Geil GA4 style 8GB 2400 x2 for 16GB total. SSD: Sandisk SD8SBAT-128G-1122 Z400. HDD: Toshiba 1TB Hard Drive

Current PeripheralsKeyboard: Logitech G710 Blue Edition. Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO Mouse @ Logitech M570 Trackball. Headphones: Philips SHP9500's. Mic: V-Moda Boom Pro. Monitors: a Dell 1440x900 cheapo and an RCA 32 inch 1080p tv. Webcam: Logitech C920

Not really, not unless you have a capture card and an HDCP stripper if you're using an HDMI port.

That or you can use an HDMI splitter to switch between sources without needing to switch inputs on the monitor.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Theoretically,

A capture card to take the video and audio output from the bluray player to the PC would work. Then you'd have to pipe that into OBS or something, and then you might be able screen share the OBS screen.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

oh boy.. so either i deal with what i got, or i buy a seperate thing anyway, be it a capture card or a drive itself.. dang

Current Rig: Case: Coolermaster MasterBox 5 Mid-tower. CPU: Core I5-6600K. GPU: Nvidia GTX GeForce 1070 Founders Edition. Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P. RAM: Geil GA4 style 8GB 2400 x2 for 16GB total. SSD: Sandisk SD8SBAT-128G-1122 Z400. HDD: Toshiba 1TB Hard Drive

Current PeripheralsKeyboard: Logitech G710 Blue Edition. Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO Mouse @ Logitech M570 Trackball. Headphones: Philips SHP9500's. Mic: V-Moda Boom Pro. Monitors: a Dell 1440x900 cheapo and an RCA 32 inch 1080p tv. Webcam: Logitech C920