New Build, Need Advice

Good Morning/Day/Evening ?

So I am in great need of an upgrade, not just some parts here and there but brand new, fresh.

Here is why:

Motherboard: https://im9.cz/sk/iR/importprodukt-orig/2bd/2bd6b4d1861980aa7c661197d2c06d75--mmf250x250.jpg ( I think it's discontinued MSI G41m-SP20??? )

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz

RAM: 2GB...something I think it says Hyundai on it somewhere @1333 I think, had 4GB but now after an hour or 2 of gaming it gives me the ol'BSOD ( memory malfunction ) 

GPU: MSI R7750-PMD2GD3

HDD: Random Samsung 250GB Mechanical

PSU: Some Superchannel I got from a friend think it's 450-550,?

So game that I have played on it includes @ 1050x1400 res are:

The Witcher 3 (low-medium, some specs on high?‍♂️4gb RAM) 40+ FSP, drops to about 30 when alot happens, or it gets hot xD

League of Legends (High, 2GB RAM)

Skyrim and some other games, never really had a problem with it but now the HDD sometimes just doesn't start up and windows freezes, RAM not working so now I need something new

So my base (CPU) that I am looking to build everything else of is something like the Intel Core i5 8400 or Intel Kaby Lake Core-X i5-7640X could also go for the Intel i3 Coffee Lake, so now I would like the community to assist me with RAM, GPU, Mobo etc, Please not this is a BUDGET PC, no fancy RGB CPU coolers, just need the main components to start her up. (P.S sorry about long post)

Well, what is your budget? 300, 400, 600?

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

9 minutes ago, aBrokeGamer said:

Good Morning/Day/Evening ?

So I am in great need of an upgrade, not just some parts here and there but brand new, fresh.

Here is why:

Motherboard: https://im9.cz/sk/iR/importprodukt-orig/2bd/2bd6b4d1861980aa7c661197d2c06d75--mmf250x250.jpg ( I think it's discontinued MSI G41m-SP20??? )

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz

RAM: 2GB...something I think it says Hyundai on it somewhere @1333 I think, had 4GB but now after an hour or 2 of gaming it gives me the ol'BSOD ( memory malfunction ) 

GPU: MSI R7750-PMD2GD3

HDD: Random Samsung 250GB Mechanical

PSU: Some Superchannel I got from a friend think it's 450-550,?

So game that I have played on it includes @ 1050x1400 res are:

The Witcher 3 (low-medium, some specs on high?‍♂️4gb RAM) 40+ FSP, drops to about 30 when alot happens, or it gets hot xD

League of Legends (High, 2GB RAM)

Skyrim and some other games, never really had a problem with it but now the HDD sometimes just doesn't start up and windows freezes, RAM not working so now I need something new

So my base (CPU) that I am looking to build everything else of is something like the Intel Core i5 8400 or Intel Kaby Lake Core-X i5-7640X could also go for the Intel i3 Coffee Lake, so now I would like the community to assist me with RAM, GPU, Mobo etc, Please not this is a BUDGET PC, no fancy RGB CPU coolers, just need the main components to start her up. (P.S sorry about long post)

why would you want an i5 7640X?

2 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Well, what is your budget? 300, 400, 600?

yes, budget says nothing tbh

See my currency is Rand not dollars but let me convert it $694.93-$1042.39 USD

Just to give you an idea. If you plan on gaming at 1080p 60FPS, you better off getting  AMD CPU, it will last longer and you will have good upgrade path with good AM4 motherboard.

Pretty much entire PC under 1000USD. Will play games in 1080p no problem.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

11 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Just to give you an idea. If you plan on gaming at 1080p 60FPS, you better off getting  AMD CPU, it will last longer and you will have good upgrade path with good AM4 motherboard.

Is it wrong of me to have most things Corsair labled, thanks for this will keep the post open to see other opinions the I'll chose after that!

34 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

So I don't buy of Amazon cause they take forever to deliver in my country (South Africa) and I am buying at these 2 places Evetech and Rebletech , most trusted in SA and most used, so If I add all those things besides the Case then I have to pay 1351.92 USD (R20 000) which is a lot, I don't plan on over clocking and don't care for RGB atm, just want to play games again, will do a build like this when I get more money xD so have a look at those sites, preferably rebletech, just general better prices. P.S no need for 16GB of RAM and mabey 1050TI or 1060, going to use a smaller SSD and use a Mechanical Drive for storage, don't really play a variety of games

41 minutes ago, aBrokeGamer said:

@PopsicleHustler

I replied with your suggestion to me, could you perhaps have a look at my suggestions?

It's up to you to get parts. I can give a couple of suggestions.

1 - Don't get anything below GTX1060 6GB or RX580 because lower cards will struggle in GPU heavy games.

2 - You can get cheaper CPU , but I still suggest you go with Ryzen. It's cheaper and offers better upgrade path. Get Ryzen 5 1400 and a B450 board I suggested, you will have an option to upgrade to Ryzen 3000.series in the future.

3 - You can get 2x4GB RAM instead, but keep in mind that mtiplayer games like BF5 require more than 8 gigs. Keep in mind that Ryzen needs fast RAM, at least 2666Mhz.

4 - For storage you can get 120GB SSD for OS or 240GB SSD if you want to install games on. For general storage you can pick up 1TB HDD, they're super cheap these days.