ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q Won't go in 2560 x 1440

Niko_Papasta

I recently bought the ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q (a 3440 x 1440 display) and it's awesome. however due to my gpu (Gtx 1070) few games struggle. In all my games I cant go in the resolution 2560 x 1440 or any resolution beginning with 2560 for that matter. This isn't an issue for my friend who owns the Acer Predator X34 (Identical display). Why is this happening? 

Thanks in advance!

What cable/connector are you using? My 2k 144hz Asus panel was getting pretty upset when I was using a different display port cable than what was supplied in the box

If you have the option to get a high refresh rate monitor, do it.

Main PC CPU: i7 14700k CPU Cooler: NZXT x62 280mm Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite X WiFi 7 GPU: Asus Strix 3080ti RAM: Gskill Trident Z5 32gb DDR5 SSD: 990 Pro 2TB, 980 Pro 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black PSU: Corsair RM1000e ATX3.0

Server: CPU: i7 9700k RAM: Corsair 32gb DDR4 HDD: 36tb Usable SSD: Samsung 500gb NVME Case: Fractal Define R5 PSU: Corsair RM1000e ATX3.0

1 minute ago, Josh.Drayton said:

What cable/connector are you using? My 2k 144hz Asus panel was getting pretty upset when I was using a different display port cable than what was supplied in the box

It's a display port cable however I'm not sure if it's the original as I bought the monitor second hand, the cable came included.

Just now, Niko_Papasta said:

It's a display port cable however I'm not sure if it's the original as I bought the monitor second hand, the cable came included.

I'd try and borrow your friends display port cable and see if that helps. Only other thing I can think of could be a setting on the monitor? Also are you trying to change the resolution settings in Nvidia control panel or windows display settings?

Main PC CPU: i7 14700k CPU Cooler: NZXT x62 280mm Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite X WiFi 7 GPU: Asus Strix 3080ti RAM: Gskill Trident Z5 32gb DDR5 SSD: 990 Pro 2TB, 980 Pro 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black PSU: Corsair RM1000e ATX3.0

Server: CPU: i7 9700k RAM: Corsair 32gb DDR4 HDD: 36tb Usable SSD: Samsung 500gb NVME Case: Fractal Define R5 PSU: Corsair RM1000e ATX3.0

Just now, Josh.Drayton said:

I'd try and borrow your friends display port cable and see if that helps. Only other thing I can think of could be a setting on the monitor? Also are you trying to change the resolution settings in Nvidia control panel or windows display settings?

Neither, I'm trying in game, however it doesnt work in nvidia control panel either.

Capture.PNG

Oh, I just realized you're trying to force a non-native resolution.

Have you tried to make and force a custom resolution in the Nvidia control panel? 

Just now, Josh.Drayton said:

Oh, I just realized you're trying to force a non-native resolution.

Have you tried to make and force a custom resolution in the Nvidia control panel? 

No, how do I do that?