Laptop does not detect any drives and does not even boot into bios| Urgent

Go to solution Solved by Smeltie,

i own a lenovo myself so i recognize the issue ;) 

I have got a 3-5 years old Lenovo laptop, wanted to install windows 10 so create a bootable pendrive and tried to format just C drive and install windows, but after formating C  drive in boot it showed that windows cannot be installed in this partition as the partitions are MBR, so i just google and got the result that I need to convert the paritions, I took backup (using command prompt) to external drive formated the hard drive using windows pendrive with these commands 

diskpart

list disk

select disk 1

clean

convert gpt

exit

After completion of these commands my system does not detect hard disk not even bootable removable drive (windows 10)

I tried almost every possible way but it doesn't work, I tried changing the Boot from Legacy to UEFI and vice versa but now somehow I am not able to boot into bios too!! when I try to turn on the laptop it just shows the "windows boot manager" with  the message "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause." status 0xc0000225 info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

Can't do any of these stuffs:

boot into bootable pendrive

boot into bios menu

Urgently help required.

have you tried the thing that lenovo calls the novo button?
it's either a tiny button or a small hole where you have to use a paperclip in order to press it in.
Afbeeldingsresultaat voor novo button

Current build: Ryzen 7 1700x, asus prime x370-pro, 16gb gskill trident z rgb, asus rog strix gtx 1070 ti, corsair rm650x, nzxt s340 elite, samsung 840 pro 256gb, 1.5tb hdd.

11 minutes ago, Hatim Lokhandwala said:

I took backup (using command prompt) to external drive formated the hard drive using windows pendrive with these commands 

diskpart

list disk

select disk 1

clean

convert gpt

exit

After completion of these commands my system does not detect hard disk not even bootable removable drive (windows 10)

I tried almost every possible way but it doesn't work, I tried changing the Boot from Legacy to UEFI and vice versa but now somehow I am not able to boot into bios too!! when I try to turn on the laptop it just shows the "windows boot manager" with  the message "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause." status 0xc0000225 info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

Are you sure your disk 1 was actually your harddisk and not your USB drive? Disk numbering differs from system to system. It could very well be that you formatted your USB pendrive and converted that to GPT rather than your harddisk. Diskpart is a powerful tool, pay attention when you use it. 

Your harddisk was likely disk 0, and not 1.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Martijn Klerks said:

have you tried the thing that lenovo calls the novo button?
it's either a tiny button or a small hole where you have to use a paperclip in order to press it in.

I guess my laptop is missing this button, please see attachment if i missed it.

IMG_20181212_130122.jpg

1 hour ago, NelizMastr said:

Are you sure your disk 1 was actually your harddisk and not your USB drive? Disk numbering differs from system to system. It could very well be that you formatted your USB pendrive and converted that to GPT rather than your harddisk. Diskpart is a powerful tool, pay attention when you use it. 

Your harddisk was likely disk 0, and not 1.

I am not too sure, but even if it was my pendrive but then too it should have shown my pendrive and hard drive in "boot devices"

1 minute ago, Hatim Lokhandwala said:

I am not too sure, but even if it was my pendrive but then too it should have shown my pendrive and hard drive in "boot devices"

Not in UEFI, actually. When your system is set to boot from UEFI it only shows devices that are configured as such and contain something bootable.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor old laptop novo button there maybe?

Current build: Ryzen 7 1700x, asus prime x370-pro, 16gb gskill trident z rgb, asus rog strix gtx 1070 ti, corsair rm650x, nzxt s340 elite, samsung 840 pro 256gb, 1.5tb hdd.

6 minutes ago, Hatim Lokhandwala said:

is this what we are talking about?

image.png.2148cdeca6a5c7e06b4eae16343c8310.png

here it is

6 minutes ago, Martijn Klerks said:

image.png.2148cdeca6a5c7e06b4eae16343c8310.png

here it is

okay, let me give a try,thank you in advance

54 minutes ago, Martijn Klerks said:

It worked thank a lot :)

2 minutes ago, Hatim Lokhandwala said:

It worked thank a lot :)

no problem