RX 580 4GB vs RX 580 8GB. Couple of questions

Blu3Jay

So I'm looking to buy a new Rx 580 4GB and I have a couple concerns,

First a little about my setup and what I want to play:

I have 3 Monitors running at 1080p each. The main one is running at 144hz (not that it matters)

I'm looking to play MHW at 1080p max setting and on the other two monitors just running 2d applications.

I don't think ill be playing anything more extreme.

Is 4GB going to be enough? the 8GB version of the Rx580 is roughly $50 more across the board., and its really not in the budget atm.

Should I wait to get the 8GB version? and will I see any real benefit from getting the 8GB version?

2D applications like what exactly? Your CPU will be more stressed when running things like youtube and OBS in the background, and you GPU will definitely be able to handle it as long as you're not using it for demanding rendering.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

AAA games are starting to use more than 4GB already since witcher 3 afaik, But idk about MHW.

So $50 is not that much, Just wait and save up. You won't regret the Extra 4GB.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

16 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

2D applications like what exactly? Your CPU will be more stressed when running things like youtube and OBS in the background, and you GPU will definitely be able to handle it as long as you're not using it for demanding rendering.

Spotify or youtube mostley, MAYBE obs but probabbly not, and in regards to the second comment. I run the witcher 3 on a rx 560 4gb at 1080 med just fine with 3 monitors

10 minutes ago, Blu3Jay said:

Spotify or youtube mostley, MAYBE obs but probabbly not, and in regards to the second comment. I run the witcher 3 on a rx 560 4gb at 1080 med just fine with 3 monitors

So you'll be fine then.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad