dual connector usb flash drive from kingston

chitranjan

Seems interesting, But personally i don't see a good use in this. Other people might find it useful to transfer data off their phone.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

I don't know, considering how fragile Micro USB can be it seems like having any reason to keep something plugged in for long periods of time would just increase the chances of the port breaking. I'd rather they made some sort of wireless storage case that just attaches to the back of the phone and doesn't even require a connector. Maybe it could be bluetooth or something else.

Seems interesting, But personally i don't see a good use in this. Other people might find it useful to transfer data off their phone.

Oh... It has good use...

if-you-know-what-i-mean.png

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Well its similar to Patriot's OTG (on-the-go) USB. Put your media on it from a PC, then have access to it on the go (another alternative to this would be those those new wireless Hard-drives).

This can be useful for mass-storage if your phone doesn't support SD cards (or has a 32-64GB limit, these OTG things can reach up to 128GB currently, and will only increase as they are essentially flash thumb drives in a smaller form factor.

"Donny you're out of your element!"

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."

Its pretty funny that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon now creating these usb drives even though OTG cables have existed for quite a while. Its useful because you could just use this usb to store your videos and pictures and watch/see them on your phone/device without having to bring an OTG cable with you.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Ide use it

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Ide use it

Yeah, I might buy one if I did more with my phone. I mean, backing up data is one useful thing to do with this. Another is downloading movies on your PC transferring them to the drive and watching them on-the-go without them taking up precious space on your phone.