Microphone for singer

CastilloHa1

Looking for a microphone for a singer 

a friend of mien does covers but doesn't have good equipment. me and a group of our friends are going to buy her some new things so she can make better sounding music and i said i would buy they mic. doesnt have to be great or the best just something that she can sound good with  

something that can hook up to a laptop

25-50 range 

good audio quality 

CastilloHa1

You're going to have to aim for a higher budget unfortunately. 

Yeah...your budget is....low for your requirements. you would be looking at $100+ for something effective. 
Best I can say is ATR2500, which won't do you well. 

This is just to start off, nothing big need to be invested into this, so im not looking for anything like that. 

CastilloHa1

I think shure do a cheap version of their sm58,  it might be called the pg58 but even then you might be buying something that sounds pretty awful.

EDIT: IF you can push the budget to an sm58 you'll keep and use it for years.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Shure has the lower end PG48 which looks similar visually to the SM58.

A lot of the vocal microphones will require you to get an XLR to USB adapter. (EDIT: i've never used an adapter, i've only used external solutions with XLR inputs.)

I would save up money and get something else.

I think shure do a cheap version of their sm58,  it might be called the pg58 but even then you might be buying something that sounds pretty awful.

EDIT: IF you can push the budget to an sm58 you'll keep and use it for years.

Shure has the lower end PG48 which looks similar visually to the SM58.

A lot of the vocal microphones will require you to get an XLR to USB adapter.

I would save up money and get something else.

Problem being its not usb and requires more spending to hook it up. 

@CastilloHa1

Samson C01U(usb condensor) or C01(XLR condensor) if you can find a XLR to USB mixer/interface under budget. I use a 2 channel Pyle interface. The XLR with the interface allows you to live monitor your voice through headphones. The USB version has software monitoring which has horrible latency.

I've owned both.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Problem being its not usb and requires more spending to hook it up. 

I missed the bit where it said it needed to be USB, I assumed they had a mixer or something... whoops.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I missed the bit where it said it needed to be USB, I assumed they had a mixer or something... whoops.

All good. 

Its fine i can always buy and adapter too, that would more likely be easier anyways  

CastilloHa1

Its fine i can always buy and adapter too, that would more likely be easier anyways  

Well if that's the case then I recommend a small USB mixer/interface, then you can have your choice of condenser or dynamic mic.  I'd start with the shure because its a good stage mic also.

Shure sm48's are around $40-60

pg58's are around $50-70

and I'd second the small usb mixer/interface

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac