Motherboard lights up, but doesn't work. Help, please?

Hi People, 

In the last months, I have been building this ultra Video-editing and gaming PC with the following specs:

CORSAIR GRAPHITE SERIES™ 780T FULL TOWER CASE

Intel® Core™  i9-7980XE

Gigabyte X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Intel Socket 2066

128GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3000MHZ

11GB nVidia GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti - still on the way

4TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA SSHD

512GB WD Black M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD

32 GB Intel Optane Memory

16X BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE

INTERNAL 52 IN 1 MEMORY CARD READER

CORSAIR 1200W HX Series Modular 80 Plus Platinium

Corsair H1155i PRO Cooler w/ PCS Liquid Series Ultra Quiet Fans

ASUS STRIX Raid DLX 7.1 PCIe

ASUS PCE-AC88 AC3100 2100Mbps/5 GHz

I am still waiting for the video card, but since I knew it's going to take ages to put everything together, I decided to install everything I've got except the video card thinking I can install it at a later point. 

So, I've put all the parts mentioned above together, as described in the manuals and as guided by tutorials on the internet. But when I wanted to test if it turns on, something very odd happened. When I turn the PSU on,  the LEDs on the motherboard lights up for a second and nothing else happens. Also when I press the main power button, a very bizarre squeaky sound comes from the CPU as you can see in the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaMi9us_DME 

Did any of you encounter this before? Or at least do you have any idea what it can be???

Also, I took a few photos of the motherboard and CPU install I've done.

https://imgur.com/a/Exkgjdi 

Help, please?? 

46b60e52-821b-4565-a874-78878bb2c6c3.jpg

d14fa660-5d3a-4227-aa17-8facb183ba09.jpg

IMG_4858.JPG

sounds like a tiny rave in your AIO pump lol

anyway im not really sure what would be the reason for this, so lets start with basic troubbleshooting!

remove all the expansioncards and unplug everything not needed, if that does nothing then remove all the RAM sticks besides the one in slot one(find which one that is in your manual, should have come in paper with the motherboard)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

48 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

sounds like a tiny rave in your AIO pump lol

anyway im not really sure what would be the reason for this, so lets start with basic troubbleshooting!

remove all the expansioncards and unplug everything not needed, if that does nothing then remove all the RAM sticks besides the one in slot one(find which one that is in your manual, should have come in paper with the motherboard)

Hi Bananasplit_00,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried everything you mentioned, and it's still not turning on.  However, with the unplugged pump head connector, no squeaky sound anymore.

Anyway, what else could I do?

2 hours ago, Buffy12 said:

Hi Bananasplit_00,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried everything you mentioned, and it's still not turning on.  However, with the unplugged pump head connector, no squeaky sound anymore.

Anyway, what else could I do?

sounds to me like the motherboard or AIO is busted then

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

If its a motherboard problem, it could just be a broken capacitor. Look to see if one has a bulge in it or grab a multi-meter and test them all. Most local computer repair places would probably be happy to test the motherboard for you if you are unsure what to do.

My Setup

Intel® Core™ i5-4590||Asrock Z97 Extreme4||8GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3||EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti HYBRID GAMING||NZXT H700i Matte Black/Blue||WD Green 240GB SSD||WD Blue 2TB HDD||Corsair CX550M||ASUS VG248QE 24" 144 Hz 1080p||Corsair Hydro Series H60 (2018)||Corsair K70||Corsair Gaming GLAIVE RGB||HyperX Cloud Stinger||Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

10 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

sounds to me like the motherboard or AIO is busted then

I'm going to get it checked at a Computer Repair shop. Thanks.

6 hours ago, 0mniscient said:

If its a motherboard problem, it could just be a broken capacitor. Look to see if one has a bulge in it or grab a multi-meter and test them all. Most local computer repair places would probably be happy to test the motherboard for you if you are unsure what to do.

That's what I'm going to do tomorrow. I'll keep you updated. Thanks.