Take Ownership of Foler

So, we have a file server.... there is a specific folder on there that will not allow me to take ownership in anyway shape or form.

I have tried just about every trick in the book i know, using takeown, using icacls, using psexec but i sill get access denied. 

Does anyone know of any other way to take ownership? 

Thanks 

Dre

Thanks 

Andre 

Ask the admin?

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

4 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Ask the admin?

I am the Admin - i have even tried running cmd as the local system account on the FS but still access denied

Thanks 

Andre 

Check the permissions of the parent folders??? Only thing I can think of right now.

-アパゾ

1 minute ago, APasz said:

Check the permissions of the parent folders??? Only thing I can think of right now.

Hey there thanks for responding - have tried that at the parent dir

even at the root drive level... applies recursively to all dir, sub-dirs and files except for that one folder :| 

Dre

Thanks 

Andre 

2 hours ago, DreR7 said:

Hey there thanks for responding - have tried that at the parent dir

even at the root drive level... applies recursively to all dir, sub-dirs and files except for that one folder :| 

Dre

Disable inheritance, that's probably the issue here.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

On 12/5/2018 at 5:11 PM, wkdpaul said:

Disable inheritance, that's probably the issue here.

Hi Paul,

Already tried the disabling inheritance and explicitly defining permissions see attached - same error 

thanks 

Dre

2018-12-07 10_35_14-Greenshot image editor.png

Thanks 

Andre