Frame Rate super low NEED HELP !!

i have a acer helios 300 laptop. it rocks a 1060 and an i7. last night i was playing games and it was functioning normal. no frame rate drops, nuthing. just normal. i wanted to play GTA and once i started running it to my main character, my frame rate was at a solid 15 fps......usually the game runs in at 55-60 fps all the time. i ran other games and it was the same thing. a solid 15 fps. i reinstalled my drivers twice, restarted my computer, tried to update the games but they were up to date, and still nothing !!! please help !!

I don't know how it is with systems today. But a few generations ago you had something called nvidia optimus.

It basically allowed you to run different programs on different gpu's so the nvidia gpu could be turned off if you only ran simple stuff that the intel igpu could handle to save battery.

Try to dig into the nvidia control panel and see if you can find something to manage what gpu runs what.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Set the GPU to "performance mode" in nvidia control panel. Also, make sure to be plugged in while gaming.

If it persists, while running a benchmark look at the % useage of GPU and CPU and report back,

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

i also have helios 300 with i5 and i had the same issue so i reinstalled the previous drivers and got the performance back, so i suggest to not update the drivers until you find the correct config for new drivers

Perhaps he should go to safe mode and run DDU then boot up and install latest WHQL driver and let us know what happens.  Let us know

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

20 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

Perhaps he should go to safe mode and run DDU then boot up and install latest WHQL driver and let us know what happens.  Let us know

I have done that just now and i get really low fps with latest drivers and now i have gone back to the previous driver, i also have the helios 300 i5. The latest drivers are just buggy.

Try to install older version of video drivers. Recent drivers update caused issues for lot of people. 

I'm still using version 394.something, don't see reason to update them 

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold