Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Case advice

Dilwyn
 Share

Hello everybody I need help on a new case i want a good size atx case that can handle water cooling it will need to be able to mount 420mm radiator I dont mind the style as long as it isnt cheap looking thank you in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dilwyn said:

Hello everybody I need help on a new case i want a good size atx case that can handle water cooling it will need to be able to mount 420mm radiator I dont mind the style as long as it isnt cheap looking thank you in advance.

What's the PC build/budget/parts/monitor resolution/refresh rate?

Or do you already own the PC parts?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I already have the parts in its entirety as its my current build and my budget is about £200-250 ish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dilwyn said:

I already have the parts in its entirety as its my current build and my budget is about £200-250 ish.

And the water cooling parts?

You can probably make anything fit inside the Core X9, don't know if any case specifically supports 140mm radiators, maybe a fractal something
https://www.thermaltake.com/Chassis/Cube_Case_/Core/C_00002562/Core_X9/design.htm

Or this thing might have enough room, most people just use 120mm radiators...

 

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nzxt h series cases are really nice this is mine in the h500 case. 

20181201_085854_HDR.jpg

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

DRIVES:500GB Samsung 970 Pro + Patriot Blast 480GB x2 + 12tb RAID10 NAS

MONITORS:Pixio PX329 32inch 1440p 165hz, LG 34UM68-p 1080p 75hz

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

And the water cooling parts?

You can probably make anything fit inside the Core X9, don't know if any case specifically supports 140mm radiators, maybe a fractal something
https://www.thermaltake.com/Chassis/Cube_Case_/Core/C_00002562/Core_X9/design.htm

Or this thing might have enough room, most people just use 120mm radiators...

 

Yeah i got all the water cooling parts to I literally wanna take my system and transfer it to a new case as my case is beyond knackered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JohnDongus said:

Nzxt h series cases are really nice this is mine in the h500 case. 

20181201_085854_HDR.jpg

Thats a nice case certainly one to look into although on look at the spec sheet i wouldn't be able to fix my current radiator in.

Edited by Dilwyn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dilwyn said:

Thats a nice case certainly one to look into although on look at the spec sheet i wouldn't be able to fix my current radiator in.

Look at the h700 cases

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

DRIVES:500GB Samsung 970 Pro + Patriot Blast 480GB x2 + 12tb RAID10 NAS

MONITORS:Pixio PX329 32inch 1440p 165hz, LG 34UM68-p 1080p 75hz

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, JohnDongus said:

Look at the h700 cases

Cant fit a 420mm rad. Max listed support for the H700 is 360mm rads

 

13 hours ago, Dilwyn said:

Hello everybody I need help on a new case i want a good size atx case that can handle water cooling it will need to be able to mount 420mm radiator I dont mind the style as long as it isnt cheap looking thank you in advance.

There's a limited list of modern cases that can support 420mm rads. 

 

Fractal Desing Define R6 / S / S2 (Top only)

Phanteks Evolv X (Front only)

be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 / 900 rev 2

Thermaltake Core X71 / V71 / A500

 

Sadly the Lian Li case Does not support a 420mm rad

 

This is just what I know/could find relatively quickly. Note that your thickness of your rad will determine compatibility, as I dont believe you can fit a particularly Thick rad in the Fractal Design cases for example (Ram Clearance)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

 RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×