Is there any way to reverse a reformation of an SD card?

Cameron Goodwin

So I have this SD card in a Canon Rebel T5i (just tell me if this goes in Photography/Videography), and I put it into an SD card reader to get a video off of it for a project. When I put it back in the camera, all the pictures were gone, so I put it back into my computer, and the card had reformated. Does anyone know if I can get those pictures back? It's not essential, I would just like those pictures back. 

Just message or quote me if you have questions! I might not be able to answer them, but I might be able to help!

Current PC

Way too crappy to even say.

Keep in mind, anything you do with this card at this point may make it more difficult for professional data recovery services to get the data off the card. If these pictures are very important, don't touch it yourself and get it to a professional store.

If you want to attempt to get the pictures off yourself you could use a program like ReCuva which attempts to go 'back in the history of the card' to get the deleted files back.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

Keep in mind, anything you do with this card at this point may make it more difficult for professional data recovery services to get the data off the card. If these pictures are very important, don't touch it yourself and get it to a professional store.

If you want to attempt to get the pictures off yourself you could use a program like ReCuva which attempts to go 'back in the history of the card' to get the deleted files back.

Ok, thank you. They're not important, so it's not worth the money to me.

Just message or quote me if you have questions! I might not be able to answer them, but I might be able to help!

Current PC

8 minutes ago, Cameron Goodwin said:

Ok, thank you. They're not important, so it's not worth the money to me.

Then try Recuva. It has worked well for me.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

Then try Recuva. It has worked well for me.

Ok then, I will try that. Thank you for the help!

Current PC