Looking into a new case

RudeIrishKnight
Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,

I'm gonna break this down

13 minutes ago, RudeIrishKnight said:

My build is gonna be 32GB Ram, MSI MEG X299 CREATION ATX Intel Motherboard, 

That's an E-ATX motherboard, not ATX. An important distinction because some ATX cases cannot accept E-ATX motherboards. Like the Meshify C

15 minutes ago, RudeIrishKnight said:

I am shooting for temps between 40C - 55C. 

You will not hit those temps under load unless you go fully custom water cooled. If you wanted to get even close consider a 360mm AIO or a high end Air cooler like the Darck Rock Pro 4 or Noctua NH-D15

18 minutes ago, RudeIrishKnight said:

I have a couple cases in mind Thermaltake TT Premium A500 Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Chassis TT Premium Computer Case CA-1L3-00M9WN-00

MasterBox Lite 5 RGB ATX Mid-Tower with 3 x 120mm RGB Fans, Tempered Glass Side Panel, DarkMirror Front Panel & 2 Additional Color Trims for External Customization Options by Cooler Master

Rosewill - ATX Full Tower Gaming Computer Case - Supports Up to E-ATX MBs, Dual PSUs, and Up to 7 Fans - Rise. 

The Coolermaster case has almost no airflow, despite having 3 front fans they're nearly sealed off completely from any intake

The Thermaltake case case is decent, it has a lot of side intakes but it's not idea for "as cool of a system as possible"

The Rosewill RISE case has a good mesh front panel and supports E-ATX but it's a very old case. There's nothing wrong with it otherwise

I would look into something like The Lian Li PC-O11D or the PC-O11 Air (dont use the included front dust filter), CoolerMaster H500 (which supports exactly 10.7" long e-ATX boards like that one), Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG, etc. 

18 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Doesn’t the h500p have notoriously bad airflow, especially in the front panel? I remember gamers nexus saying something about the front TG panel tending to fall off due to heat melting the glue or something. I would recommend the mesh or meshify c though.

The Mesh Version fixes 95% of what was bad with the original H500P, hence the "mesh" suffix being an important distinction. The original H500P's front panel was A, porrly constructed, B heavily restrictive because it was acrylic and the fans weren't properly positioned for the side vents it had, The Meshify C cant hold the E-ATX motherboard

I am curious to budget and reasonably priced Cases with optimal cooling (air flow). My build is gonna be 32GB Ram, MSI MEG X299 CREATION ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel i9-7900X Skyline, EVGA 850watt PSU, EVGA 1080TI (will upgrade in a few years to EVGA 2080TI), MasterLiquid ML240R RGB All-in-one (AIO) CPU Liquid Cooler, and Cooler Master Case fans x4. I am shooting for temps between 40C - 55C. I have a couple cases in mind Thermaltake TT Premium A500 Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Chassis TT Premium Computer Case CA-1L3-00M9WN-00, MasterBox Lite 5 RGB ATX Mid-Tower with 3 x 120mm RGB Fans, Tempered Glass Side Panel, DarkMirror Front Panel & 2 Additional Color Trims for External Customization Options by Cooler Master, and Rosewill - ATX Full Tower Gaming Computer Case - Supports Up to E-ATX MBs, Dual PSUs, and Up to 7 Fans - Rise. 

I would go with the TT A500 but thats because I like TT ALOT.

Current main PC:

CPU: R7 5800x (PBO undervolted)

GPU: 7900XT

RAM: 32gb Kingston Fury @ 3600mhz

MOBO: Asus ROG B550 F Gaming Wifi

CASE: Xtia Xproto ATX

Server PC:

CPU: Xeon X5690

GPU: R9 Fury X

RAM: Assorted 4gb sticks (24gb total)

MOBO: Asus Sabretooth X58

CASE: Alienware Area 51 ALX

If you really want the best air flow, either the cooler master h500 or h500p mesh, or the fractal design meshify c

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

6 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

If you really want the best air flow, either the cooler master h500 or h500p mesh, or the fractal design meshify c

Doesn’t the h500p have notoriously bad airflow, especially in the front panel? I remember gamers nexus saying something about the front TG panel tending to fall off due to heat melting the glue or something. I would recommend the mesh or meshify c though.

500P Mesh. Or get something like Define R6/S2 and mod it with mesh 

Meshify C might end up being too compact to fit all that hardware.

A good Thermaltake product is rarer than full moon, so hard to recommend anything from TT. Cooler Master is marginally better.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

16 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Hence why I said the mesh version

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

I'm gonna break this down

13 minutes ago, RudeIrishKnight said:

My build is gonna be 32GB Ram, MSI MEG X299 CREATION ATX Intel Motherboard, 

That's an E-ATX motherboard, not ATX. An important distinction because some ATX cases cannot accept E-ATX motherboards. Like the Meshify C

15 minutes ago, RudeIrishKnight said:

I am shooting for temps between 40C - 55C. 

You will not hit those temps under load unless you go fully custom water cooled. If you wanted to get even close consider a 360mm AIO or a high end Air cooler like the Darck Rock Pro 4 or Noctua NH-D15

18 minutes ago, RudeIrishKnight said:

I have a couple cases in mind Thermaltake TT Premium A500 Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Chassis TT Premium Computer Case CA-1L3-00M9WN-00

MasterBox Lite 5 RGB ATX Mid-Tower with 3 x 120mm RGB Fans, Tempered Glass Side Panel, DarkMirror Front Panel & 2 Additional Color Trims for External Customization Options by Cooler Master

Rosewill - ATX Full Tower Gaming Computer Case - Supports Up to E-ATX MBs, Dual PSUs, and Up to 7 Fans - Rise. 

The Coolermaster case has almost no airflow, despite having 3 front fans they're nearly sealed off completely from any intake

The Thermaltake case case is decent, it has a lot of side intakes but it's not idea for "as cool of a system as possible"

The Rosewill RISE case has a good mesh front panel and supports E-ATX but it's a very old case. There's nothing wrong with it otherwise

I would look into something like The Lian Li PC-O11D or the PC-O11 Air (dont use the included front dust filter), CoolerMaster H500 (which supports exactly 10.7" long e-ATX boards like that one), Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG, etc. 

18 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

The Mesh Version fixes 95% of what was bad with the original H500P, hence the "mesh" suffix being an important distinction. The original H500P's front panel was A, porrly constructed, B heavily restrictive because it was acrylic and the fans weren't properly positioned for the side vents it had, The Meshify C cant hold the E-ATX motherboard

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25