Looking to upgrade to the OnePlus 6T

Ninja_Commander

I have had my ZTE Axom 7 for over 2 years now, and its certainly starting to shows signs of not holding power long, its starting to slow down and the type c connector won't hold the cable in place.  So I thought it would perfect to get the oneplus 6t as a new phone.  Am I wrong in getting this phone or is worth it? Also are there other options?

CPU: 5900X   MOBO: MSI Tomahawk x570 
MEM: G.Skill 32gb (2 x 16gb) 3600
GPU: Asus tuf oc 3080

May add the other bits of my system later on

29 minutes ago, The Oddball said:

IMO, the 6 is better than the 6t, and cheaper. The in-display fingerpring is slow as balls, and isn't that accurate. On top of that, the 6 is cheaper AND HAS A HEADPHONE JACK.

That does seem like a good idea, but is there anything else that I'm missing from the 6 and 6t?

Personally, I'm incredibly divided on the OnePlus 6T. Yes, in a vacuum where every device sells at MSRP, it's a steal of a device with its specifications and "90% of the flagship experience," as I'd call it, but where I'm divided is that other devices aren't priced in a vacuum. Unfortunately, not a lot of devices stay at their MSRP and right now, you can get most of the launched Android flagships for around the same price as the "flagship killer," if you know where to shop. Basically don't shop for the OnePlus 6T purely on value, take a look and see what you can actually find in the price range and if you like the other options.

In my opinion, however, OnePlus has given themselves enough of an identity with their software that I think I prefer their solution over the 'stock' experience on the Google Pixel 3 XL, and has one of, if not the fastest Android experiences out their. It's honestly the perfect device for Android purests who don't like that jarring notch of the Pixel 3 XL and need something bigger (and/or cheaper) than the Pixel 3. 

As for the 6 vs. 6T discussion... I wasn't convinced by the 6 but tossed my Pixel 2 XL aside for the 6T. The only comments I have on it is get used to a dongle if you prefer wired audio, I personally don't use wired audio on the go anymore. After starting courses on Cisco equipment, I adopted bluetooth and never looked back. The finger print scanner definitely feels slower and more inaccurate over the scanner on the Pixel 2 XL, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Just use the face scanner when possible. The bigger battery is probably the greatest feature of the device. Combined with the fast and efficient software experience, I actually get two days out of this device, with a disclaimer being that when I drive, I plug my phone into my car for Android Auto, so it charges a little bit as I'm driving. Combined with dash charging, honestly I could probably do without charging overnight, and only charge when I notice its getting low.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I have the 6T and i don't regret getting this over the 6.

Fingerprintsensor is perfectly fine. It's not the fastest on the market, but it's on the Front, which is for my personal case MUCH better than anything on the back.

I also have no problems with accuracy. Samsung's Sensor is way less accurate.

i would NEVER trade this one for a Rear sensor at all, no matter how fast it could possibly be, Rear position is just way too inconvenient for me.

I guess, many Reviewsers are just too stupid to use it correctly (Yes, i have seen Youtube Reviews, i could only facepalm and close the video...)

6T has a much better notch (still, no notification LED, it's surprising how this isn't a dealbreaker for me. I look at my phone when i have the time, and that works. Otherwise, inactivity display works good too).

Battery life is noticeably better thanks to a much bigger battery. And that's something you can never have enough.

Better Display too (well, a few more Pixels, because it got "longer" = more space for content.

Audio: A bummer with the headphone Jack. But tbh, i rarely use it, so Adapter is a solid workaround. I rather use THIS "Workaround", than having a smaller battery (which i use every day) and a rear Fingerprintsensor.

According to some Reviews, Speaker has a better Quality than on the 6.

There are many good things, a few minor meh's. Found the one or another bug (like, when waking the display without the power button, the hole Display (aka, inactivity display with the Clock) gets to max brightness, when you put your finger on, that shouldn't happen. Or Random Notifications (xx Apps updated) coming sometimes too late randomly (Whatsapp and all the important stuff always comes perfectly fine, so it doesn't bug me that much).

Minor stuff only. Still would not go back to my S7 Edge Software for a while.

Vibration-engine is literaly the worst you can find. But the Axon 9 even has a similar Crapshit built in so.. Probably you won't do a stepdown coming from an Axon 7 (or does this one have a better one?). it does the job, but it doesn't feel or sound pleasing.

User experience is awesome. How Clean the Skin is without losing many usefull features like you do on the "dumb" vanilla Android on the Pixels, and the incredible speed. Also, very fast and long updates from Oneplus.

Overall: Considering the whole Device, 6t is superior to the 6. But this is more than just obvious.

One can set their priorities differently, but objectively, 6t is the better Smartphone.

@ Thread: Well, i have the 6t, came from a 2,5 year old S7 Edge (same "generation" as your Axon 7). If you have any specific questions, ask ahead.

I can fully recommend it. For the Price, the overall package is increedibly great, depending how your priorities are. Since you said, performance is the bigger problem you have now, this will be even better, because Oneplus is usually among the fastest smartphones out there.

Otherwise, depends what specs are important to you. Do you absolutely NEED Qi Charging for example? Then Oneplus is not for you.

7 hours ago, The Oddball said:

IMO, the 6 is better than the 6t, and cheaper. The in-display fingerpring is slow as balls, and isn't that accurate. On top of that, the 6 is cheaper AND HAS A HEADPHONE JACK.

Did you even try the OP6T? The fingerprint isn't that slow and it is getting faster every update.

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

@Darkseth @LUUD18 @Suika  Thanks I feel I can get this phone and not have to worry about alot. Plus the phone has all I want for a good price.  Now for a quick question, is the warranty and what not worth it?

What do you mean? Paying extra for extra warranty?

I bought mine from Amazon (Germany), so i don't worry much there, if anything happens within 2 years.

2 hours ago, Darkseth said:

What do you mean? Paying extra for extra warranty?

I bought mine from Amazon (Germany), so i don't worry much there, if anything happens within 2 years.

Cause I can only buy it from Oneplus, not amazon.

Allright. In the last few years i' ve read many positive things about Oneplus' support, and they apparently are quite fast too. I wouldn't bother much about that^^ Usually you will never need to contact support anyway :P