Vega 56/64. EK A240R questions.

So I'm working on buying parts for my new build and decided I want to go amd both cpu and GPU (2700x and vega).  I'm considering the cooling solutions atm and have some questions.

I was originally going to get a D15 for the cpu. But I heard( other forms and reviews) in order to get the best xfr/precision boost a all or water cooling is recommended.  Is this accurate, if so is it a noticable difference in use? Or reall just for benchmark maxing?

Then I have seen from many many reviews vega is hot! ? so I was looking at the Alphacool Eiswolf 240 for vega but that seems expensive(160ish). Then I saw the EK A240R, and thought that might be good one loop gpu and cpu and less expensive than an aio and the Eiswolf combined!  My question here is 2 parts 1. Is 240mm rad enough to cool both parts without going below stock performance and or maxing auto boosting( planned on a slight undervold for,both the 2700x and the vega).

2. I know vega 56 can be oced to stock vega 64 lvls, is it worth it to buy the 64? Will any oc of 64 be noticeable ( honestly havent seen many reviews where the oc was more than a couple fps, unlike the 56).

Thanks!

If your main goal is cooling, using Radeon settings will help a lot because AMD absolutely slathered voltage onto vega, so you can just drop it down a bit. If you want speed, then yeah, water cooling is a good idea. 240mm radiator seems like a lot, but if you're gunning for that really high overclock, it's probably the only way.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

If your main goal is cooling, using Radeon settings will help a lot because AMD absolutely slathered voltage onto vega, so you can just drop it down a bit. If you want speed, then yeah, water cooling is a good idea. 240mm radiator seems like a lot, but if you're gunning for that really high overclock, it's probably the only way.

Wow thats great! I was worried 240mm wouldn't be enough! I'm really not,planning on manual oc of the cpu. But did want to max out any vega I can!  If a 240 will,be able to cool both the cpu and gpu I need to rethink my build cause I purchased a case to hold 2 360mm just in case( pc-o11) but if 240mm will do it I might return it and get something smaller( I want my computer on top of my desk).