I NEED help buying a new laptop ! Thx in advance btw

Hello guys,

As the title says,  i need help picking my new laptop. There are a few problems. First of all my knowledge of laptop GPU's/CPU's isn't so great, second is that prices for technology in my country are crazy ( for reference iPhone Xs Max 512GB here costs 1915 euros ).

I plan to use this laptop for gaming, drawing in Photoshop and Illustrator and running some other programs that are similarly demanding. And ,so you know, when i say gaming i don't mean running the latest AAA games on ultra, far from it. My PC has an i5 6500, GeForce GT 740 (2GB) and 8 GB of RAM, and its capable of pretty much what i need ( could use a better GPU tbh).

Ive attached an image of CPU's and GPU's that are in the laptops that i can afford, and i would like you to help me with what good for me. I know the 1050 is the best (and i would LOVE to get it) , however i'm not sure that i will be able to afford laptops with it :/

P.S.

The "benchmark" in the photo is the scores form passmark.com, since i didn't know how else to compare. And some specs might not be right since shops in my country aren't the best and writing them down.

Sorry for the long story. =)

CPU & GPU.png

4 hours ago, PetarJov said:

The "benchmark" in the photo is the scores form passmark.com, since i didn't know how else to compare

Not a reliable benchmark website. Also I don't need that since I remember the performance of most of them

Where are you from? Budget? Any preference on weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

3 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Not a reliable benchmark website. Also I don't need that since I remember the performance of most of them

Where are you from? Budget? Any preference on weight and battery life?

Yea i guessed about passmark. I didnt attach the photo because of the benchmarks,but to show the cpu's and gpu's that are in laptops i can potentially buy. 

Im from Serbia. Budget is hard to say, because it also depends on how much my family is willing to give me, but i think it will be up to 800 euros. I dont care about the weight at all, and i would love for the battery life to be as best as possible, but i also dont mind having to use it mostly on the charger.

I originally didnt post my budget because of the shitty prices/choices in Serbia, but if it helps ill attach the Excel file with the laptops that i found here in my price range. I hope you will understand what i was doing because its a bit of a mess ( not finished yet ). They are all sorted by price ( but some are on discount right, and if they are i sorted them by looking at their discounted price). And if you dont have time or even dont want to look through this tell me some laptop and ill try to find a similar equivalent here.

Thank you in advance 

Laptopovi 2018.xlsx

9 hours ago, PetarJov said:

I plan to use this laptop for gaming, drawing in Photoshop and Illustrator and running some other programs that are similarly demanding

You probably need a good display which is probably out of budget

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

4 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

You probably need a good display which is probably out of budget

Not really, im drawing for me. So a good display is not necessary and also im used to using a SUPER bad monitor on my pc, that i wont notice it. As you can see on my excel file, i just focused on the main components since the "bonus" specs arent so important to me.

Good models:

HP Pavilion 15 cs/cw - small battery

Lenovo Ideapad 330s 14/15 (not 1050 model) - check whether it has 52Wh battery or not

Acer Aspire 5 A515-52G with IPS (A515-51G older model)

Lenovo Legion Y530 - shorter battery life and heavier compared to most regular laptops/Ultrabooks

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Good models:

Lenovo Ideapad 330s 14/15 (not 1050 model) - check whether it has 52Wh battery or not

Lenovo Legion Y530 - shorter battery life and heavier compared to most regular laptops/Ultrabooks

Thank you VERY much! One more quick question. Are gpu's like the geforce 940mx, mx110, mx 130, mx 150 and radeon 530 - 540 any good for gaming, compared to my GeForce GT 740?

27 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Good models:

To tell you the truth im mostly considenring:

HP Pavilion 15-cx0012nm with the i5-8250U, 8GB of dual channel memory, the 1050. Because its has amazing specs for me and is on a big discount right now

but

the Asus TUF FX505GD-BQ111 is very similar in specs except an i5-8300H, single channel memory and a bit worse HDD/SDD combo for a same price.

I guess my question is, is the i5-8300H much better then the i5-8250U like the passmark would suggest, that i can justify the loss of dual channel memory and the loss of the m.2

57 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Good models:

And i checked the IdeaPad has 30Wh battery