Razer Blade Stealth 2018 - SSD Upgrade

Hello everyone,

i was wondering if anyone has attempted or even succeeded at upgrading the SSD on the new Razer Blade Stealth? If I’m not wrong, I can upgrade up to 1TB. So I’m not sure to buy a Samsung SSD 860 EVO Series 1TB MLC V-NAND - M.2 2280 or a Samsung SSD 970 EVO Series NVMe 1TB V-NAND MLC- M.2 2280. Which one fits good in a blade stealth without getting - for example - heat problems?

I've skimmed the internet for how-to videos and I've only come up with upgrade videos on the 2016 blade stealth'. Do I have to pay attention to anything swapping the SSD module? I'm not sure. Any information or tutorials from someone who has successfully upgraded their 2018 stealth SSD would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

I am not sure about heat issues as I currently down own a Razor Blade/Blade Stealth. But in my research before buying one I did see one reviewer replace the M.2 Razor Blade 15 with the 970 EVO you mentioned above.

The 970 EVO should fit as it is NVMe PCI. I would recommend this one with out a doubt and you can get them on amazon using LTT affiliate link and send the boys some cash.

The 860 is older and also a lot slower. I'm not sure if it would be much of an upgrade in terms of speed. Storage capacity yes but it is far slower.

Check out the Razer Forum as well this is a few people talking about swapping the SSD in the 2018 Stealth.

https://www.reddit.com/r/razer/comments/9irnz1/is_it_possible_to_upgrade_storage_on_an_early/

This guide goes over swapping the SSD and RAM in the Razor Blade 15 (2018)

it should be similar to your situation as the slots are the same the Stealth is just smaller.

https://theunlockr.com/2018/06/05/how-to-upgrade-the-razer-blade-15-ram-ssd/

Hopefully this information helped you. Its late for me so I apologize if my wording is confusing.