Dreamcast Thread!

Cuddlebus

Wow, no one.

I used to love my Dreamcast and there are a few games that I still enjoy playing, but boy was that GD rom drive noisy. Someone over at Assembler is working on an solution to replace the GD rom drive with a little PCB that lets you load games off a sd card. I personally can't wait to see, whether or not he will manage to pull it off. I sure hope he does, since that would make owning a Naomi board (arcade hardware) pretty much pointless.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

That sounds awesome! I would definitely buy one if that is a real thing, but yes that drive was so stupid loud.

My friend had one. It had some cool games. Then the system died. It was a very very sad day.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

The Dreamcast is a true king! I still enjoy Shenmue on that beast!

CASE: Corsair 400R CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition MOBO: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula COOLER: CORSAIR H50

GPU1: ASUS 6970 DirectCU II GPU2: VisionTek 6970 2GB

PSU: CORSAIR HX1050 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600 MHz

• 2 weeks later...

Dreamcast was awesome I still have mine and still play Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Powerstone 2

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

spent too many nights/mornings playing phantasy star online

I know exactly what you mean. I still have my original disc, manual, case and code for that game. It was the first game I played when I woke and the last game to fall asleep playing. 

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

spent too many nights/mornings playing phantasy star online

Dude same! I still play the game all the time! I have 2 versions of private servers for PSOBB and i have a fan translated PC port of PSOV2 from the dreamcast on my pc, and I have the gamecube version that i still play :P .... I don't have issues :P

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

My favourite Dreamcast games were probably Rush 2049 and Jet Set Radio. I could play Rush 2049 now with an emulator but it would probably be quite bad. Nostalgia makes everything look better than it actually is.

Shenmue/Shenmue 2 are my all time favorite games. I love the Dreamcast, I still collect games for it to this day.

• 2 weeks later...

My personal favorite console. Code Veronica is probably my favorite console game of all time. Anyone else share love for Sega's last console? Discuss!

Late to the game, but not out. I used to play Crazy Taxi non-stop on the Dreamcast, and some JetSki game.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

NOw i know what games to buy since i got a dreamcast recently with house of the dead which i like

My favorites were Toy commander Slave Zero and Coaster works. Dreamcast was my only non sony console still have one around here somwhere.

Damn NO! MY favorite Was Powerstone I WANT A NEW POWERSTONE SEGA AND DONT SCREW IT UP!!!!!!!.

Powerstone, Soul Caliber, NFL 2K, my favorite port of NFL Blitz, and Worms are the first that spring to mind....the 4 controller thing got a lot of use in my house.

Really loved Powerstone. Sonic adventures was also fun.

CPU: Intel 2700k (4.7) MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence (1866) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Storage: 256GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD (Boot), 64GB Crucial M4 (SSD Cache), 1TB WD Black Cavier, 2TB Hitachi, 2.5TB Buffalo Sound Card: Xonar Essence STX Case: Corsair Graphite 600t w/ full acrylic side PSU: Corsair HX750 (individually sleeved) 
Peripherals: Filco Keyboard (Brown) Razer Deathadder, Sennheiser HD595, Zalman ZM-MIC1, Steelseries Qck Mass mousepad.
Pics of my Rig

Dreamcast didn't fail gamers...

Gamers failed Dreamcast due to the brand name associated with it.

Dreamcast didn't fail gamers...

Gamers failed Dreamcast due to the brand name associated with it.

Dreamcast was a pretty big step below what came out a year or so after it's release. Sega had a very good product, just bad timing.

The GPU in the dreamcast was fantastic but the CPU was a snail.