Ugh... Trying to get a limited edition switch from the UK

alexiacat

I posted some topics recently about trying to get a limited edition switch, and...

the pre orders are already over...

But I didn't give up hope there. The UK nintendo store still has it and I'm trying to get one with 3rd party shipping to get it into the US.

To use the 3rd party shipping I have to know the weight and dimensions of the box. I can't count on the normal Switch boxes because this one has a pokeball plus controller in it too.

Here is the link to the UK shop:

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-console/nintendo-switch-pokemon-let-s-go-eevee-edition-pack/11897842.html

If anybody knows the size and weight of the box with everything in it, those numbers would be very helpful! Thanks!

I really want to get this Switch and would very much appreciate any help! Thanks

I live in the UK so I might be able to try and get the dimensions of the box for you if I can find one in a physical store somewhere. If not I'll have a look around the internet.

7 minutes ago, alexiacat said:

I posted some topics recently about trying to get a limited edition switch, and...

the pre orders are already over...

But I didn't give up hope there. The UK nintendo store still has it and I'm trying to get one with 3rd party shipping to get it into the US.

To use the 3rd party shipping I have to know the weight and dimensions of the box. I can't count on the normal Switch boxes because this one has a pokeball plus controller in it too.

Here is the link to the UK shop:

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-console/nintendo-switch-pokemon-let-s-go-eevee-edition-pack/11897842.html

If anybody knows the size and weight of the box with everything in it, those numbers would be very helpful! Thanks!

I really want to get this Switch and would very much appreciate any help! Thanks

Just add more weight than it will actually be and you'll be good, It'll cost you a bit more but not much.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

8 hours ago, 1kv said:

I live in the UK so I might be able to try and get the dimensions of the box for you if I can find one in a physical store somewhere. If not I'll have a look around the internet.

I don't know if it's possible to find in a physical store, the item was originally pre order only and this Nintendo UK store, Newegg, Walmart and Amazon are the only places I can find them for sale but the prices are ridiculous with all of those except the Nintendo store. If there are walmarts in the UK you might be able to find one there, but I don't know about physical stores there.

9 hours ago, Grumbey said:

Safe bet is to just put in 10lbs

10lbs is a lot... I saw a video where someone weighed a normal switch and it was about 3.5 pounds, so I wouldn't expect the poke ball plus and game redemption code to weigh a lot more... I also need to know the size of the box though

8 hours ago, James Evens said:

Do they need it? The one i used for USA to Germany had a calculator to estimate cost but real shipping cost where calculated when the item arrived at there warehouse

Well, I really need a good estimate for the cost of the shipping because 3rd party international shipping like this is pretty expensive. I'm currently looking at Shippn and Borderlinx.

By the way, if anyone has suggestions for a really good and cheap international shipping company then I would greatly appreciate that!

47 minutes ago, alexiacat said:

I don't know if it's possible to find in a physical store, the item was originally pre order only and this Nintendo UK store, Newegg, Walmart and Amazon are the only places I can find them for sale but the prices are ridiculous with all of those except the Nintendo store. If there are walmarts in the UK you might be able to find one there, but I don't know about physical stores there.

We don't have Walmart here but I'll take a look in places like GAME.

4 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Take the amazon page of the switch. Add a few centimeter and grams for packaging (some offer to repack it for you to save on shipping) and you have a good estimation. Anyway this is not cheap. So $10 bucks for them, 30 bucks or so for DHL.

Thank you! That was a great idea I should have thought of. It looks like the box will be about 14 x 8 x 12 inches and 4 pounds. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, 1kv said:

We don't have Walmart here but I'll take a look in places like GAME.

It's okay, they probably don't have it in stock at any physical stores. The last time I checked Target they only had three stores in the entire US that were in stock and I can't travel that far!

7 minutes ago, alexiacat said:

It's okay, they probably don't have it in stock at any physical stores. The last time I checked Target they only had three stores in the entire US that were in stock and I can't travel that far!

Do target deliver? 

Most stores in the UK deliver stuff like that so I don't see why any American store wouldn't.