Is it possible to login facebook from different location?

Ok, so my dad sold his old laptop to a random stranger but he forgot to delete some information from chrome. It stored my dad facebook and gmail password on it,. And he couldnt even remember his facebook username or profile name let alone his gmail and password. There is no possible way to recover the facebook and gmail account because he put random info on there and those accounts were not tied to phone number or anything. He is being paranoid because it may have some sensitive info on those accounts.

Is it possible that the buyer grant access to my dad gmail and facebook accounts using just saved information on chrome browser? ( I dont think he can recover password) Do facebook and google have security measurements against this type of situation?

Um, even if they can I doubt they will help you, you may try with opening a ticket/sending a mail to them, they may ask you some information about the account (what friends you had in your account, what posts you did, what's the last person that messaged you and so on IF they have such policy to help you). Or they will just refuse to help you

The best bet is to find out what is the password so you can change it, and log out from every device that was logged in.

40 minutes ago, ImInHugeTrouble said:

Ok, so my dad sold his old laptop to a random stranger but he forgot to delete some information from chrome. It stored my dad facebook and gmail password on it,. And he couldnt even remember his facebook username or profile name let alone his gmail and password. There is no possible way to recover the facebook and gmail account because he put random info on there and those accounts were not tied to phone number or anything. He is being paranoid because it may have some sensitive info on those accounts.

Is it possible that the buyer grant access to my dad gmail and facebook accounts using just saved information on chrome browser? ( I dont think he can recover password) Do facebook and google have security measurements against this type of situation?

if your passwords were saved to the device, you can go on facebook & gmail and ask them to forget those devices. (and please, turn on 2FA if you don't have it)

It will require a confimation to get through. and will prevent anyone from acessing it.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

33 minutes ago, ImInHugeTrouble said:

yes the buyer can easily find passwords saved on chrome (IF they are saved) and autologin doesn't mean they are saved, but it could be logged in automatically anyway so...

i don't think anything can be done in this situation considering he used random info, but think about the sensitive information thats on there and be realistic if anyone would even care

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

You might be able to unauthorize that computer from.your dad's account from a different computer. I had to do that when I moved job sites and got a new work computer. I forgot to deactivate my Firefox account on my old computer but I was able to from my new one.