Not able to enter BIOS

PrathameshB

I have built a new system last week, and after I set it up in the beginning I have not been able to enter BIOS. I tried everything stated on the forum, like, clearing CMOS. I even dismantled the whole PC and built it again. Still nothing. Today I connected my PC to my television and tried to access BIOS when starting up just for the sake of trying, and it actually went into BIOS. I tried reconnecting my PC to my monitor and tried going into BIOS, but it failed and directly booted into windows directly. Tried multiple times. Can a monitor stop one from entering BIOS? I am actually confused.
My system spec is:
Ryzen 5 2600
Aorus b450 pro wifi motherboard
Aorus 16gb ddr4 ram
Aorus rx580 8gb GPU

The monitor is a Samsung 27' monitor (LC27F591FDWXXL). My Television is a Toshiba non smart led TV( don't remember the model name).

Whichever button you use to get in (commonly delete) just start mashing it when you turn the PC on. Don't wait for the POST splash-screen or the Windows logo.

It's common for monitors to not output a signal they're getting until it's too late.

11 minutes ago, PrathameshB said:

I have built a new system last week, and after I set it up in the beginning I have not been able to enter BIOS. I tried everything stated on the forum, like, clearing CMOS. I even dismantled the whole PC and built it again. Still nothing. Today I connected my PC to my television and tried to access BIOS when starting up just for the sake of trying, and it actually went into BIOS. I tried reconnecting my PC to my monitor and tried going into BIOS, but it failed and directly booted into windows directly. Tried multiple times. Can a monitor stop one from entering BIOS? I am actually confused.
My system spec is:
Ryzen 5 2600
Aorus b450 pro wifi motherboard
Aorus 16gb ddr4 ram
Aorus rx580 8gb GPU

The monitor is a Samsung 27' monitor (LC27F591FDWXXL). My Television is a Toshiba non smart led TV( don't remember the model name).

Yes, sort of.  I don't know if that is the case here, but some BIOS output a resolution that some monitors do not support and so the monitor will simply indicate "no-signal".  So, it may not actually be preventing you from entering BIOS, but it can prevent you from seeing BIOS.  Since it works on your TV, you've already have a way of dealing with the issue.  For some people their only alternative is to borrow a display just for BIOS.

21 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Whichever button you use to get in (commonly delete) just start mashing it when you turn the PC on. Don't wait for the POST splash-screen or the Windows logo.

It's common for monitors to not output a signal they're getting until it's too late.

I start smashing the delete key as soon as I press the power button on the case. Still doesn't work. It worked in the beginning but now it doesn't.

19 minutes ago, Blasteque said:

Yes, sort of.  I don't know if that is the case here, but some BIOS output a resolution that some monitors do not support and so the monitor will simply indicate "no-signal".  So, it may not actually be preventing you from entering BIOS, but it can prevent you from seeing BIOS.  Since it works on your TV, you've already have a way of dealing with the issue.  For some people their only alternative is to borrow a display just for BIOS.

But when I set up my PC in the beginning, it was on this very monitor. If what you said was the case, it shouldn't have shown the BIOS in the beginning as well. BTW i did update the BIOS after setting up my PC, but I don't think that must be causing the issue.

Grab an old ps2 keyboard ( but I'm assuming bieng a new board it doesn't have the port for this)...... .if it does have it I bet that would work for sure..  or try The up most top usb. Ports at the back I have heard that some usb ports don't enable until after boot screen is finished ed

H55H-M_SP2.JPG

1 hour ago, 5ir5ly said:

Grab an old ps2 keyboard ( but I'm assuming bieng a new board it doesn't have the port for this)...... .if it does have it I bet that would work for sure..  or try The up most top usb. Ports at the back I have heard that some usb ports don't enable until after boot screen is finished ed

H55H-M_SP2.JPG

Yes, you assumed correct. It doesn't have an old ps2 keyboard port. I tried the same usb port when connected to the monitor and the TV, but can only get into BIOS only on my TV. So, the usb port doesn't seem to be the issue. When I switch on the PC when connected to my monitor it directly boots to the windows lock screen. It doesn't show the Aorus logo (which it did in the beginning) or the windows logo. Directly from no signal to Windows lock screen. But, when connected to the TV it shows the Aorus logo and the StoreMI screen, and can get into BIOS very easily.

What motherboard is it?  Some manufacturers have apps you can get... I there is one called reboot to bios.?  Give me your mobo model and I can check it out

3 minutes ago, 5ir5ly said:

What motherboard is it?  Some manufacturers have apps you can get... I there is one called reboot to bios.?  Give me your mobo model and I can check it out

It is an Gigabyte Aorus B450 pro wifi motherboard. I have installed APP CENTER required for RGB Fusion. It shows a third party app called EasyTune, for overclocking in windows but nothing to boot into BIOS. Would be of great help if you can look into it.

APP CENTER.png

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: I had disabled freesync in the monitor's settings yesterday and restarted the PC. Surprisingly, this time it showed all the loading screens and then went on to display the windows lockscreen. I rebooted the PC to check if it shows all the loading screens again, and it does. What has confused me is, if the issue was because freesync, then this must be a problem with all freesync enabled monitors.