Which CPU with 1060 6GB?!?

I am planning on buying a 1060 6GB. What is the cheapest CPU that I can pair it with? I WILL USE THIS PC FOR GAMING AND WORKING, I REPEAT BOTH AS A GAMING PC AND A WORKSTATION. The processor should have 0 bottlenecks with the GPU. I will run games like PUBG, CSGO, Fortnite, e.t.c. (Gaming aim = 1080p, 60FPS+). I will run programs like, Photoshop, After Effects, Premier Pro. Should stay good till 2 years minimum. Please give a motherboard with the CPU also. I'll pair it with Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHZ RAM. A 1TB or 2TB HDD, a 128GB or 256GB SSD. Please suggest a power supply too and a CPU cooler if required. Thankyou. Remember to keep it cheap. Thanks again. New at PC's so a noob, please take it easy on me. Thanks again again.

3 minutes ago, IrtazaAbbas said:

I am planning on buying a 1060 6GB. What is the cheapest CPU that I can pair it with? I WILL USE THIS PC FOR GAMING AND WORKING, I REPEAT BOTH AS A GAMING PC AND A WORKSTATION. The processor should have 0 bottlenecks with the GPU. I will run games like PUBG, CSGO, Fortnite, e.t.c. (Gaming aim = 1080p, 60FPS+). I will run programs like, Photoshop, After Effects, Premier Pro. Should stay good till 2 years minimum. Please give a motherboard with the CPU also. I'll pair it with Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHZ RAM. A 1TB or 2TB HDD, a 128GB or 256GB SSD. Please suggest a power supply too and a CPU cooler if required. Thankyou. Remember to keep it cheap. Thanks again. New at PC's so a noob, please take it easy on me. Thanks again again.

I just built my pc with a ryzen 5 2600 and paired it with my 1060. It runs and works perfect! Would really recommend!!

10 minutes ago, IrtazaAbbas said:

Please give a motherboard with the CPU also.

A R5 2600 + ASRock X470 Gaming K4 ATX

11 minutes ago, IrtazaAbbas said:

Please suggest a power supply too and a CPU cooler if required.

An RM550x PSU and a Cryorig H7 CPU cooler.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

54 minutes ago, Hamface55 said:

I just built my pc with a ryzen 5 2600 and paired it with my 1060. It runs and works perfect! Would really recommend!!

What mobo are you using?

19 minutes ago, IrtazaAbbas said:

What mobo are you using?

you know, I could do a full build for you if you want. what's your budget, location, parts you bought already, prefferences?

32 minutes ago, IrtazaAbbas said:

What mobo are you using?

Sorry I did not get a notification. My mobo is the asrock b450 pro4

3 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

you know, I could do a full build for you if you want. what's your budget, location, parts you bought already, prefferences?

Yea, do it in like 5 minutes, buying the MOBO and the CPU now. Getting parts from US, no duties(Hand-Carry). Budget unknown. Currently have $275. I need these; Cpu (The one you suggested), Mobo (The one you suggested), 1060 6GB (Available for $200-$225), Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 1X8GB 3000MHZ (Available for $65 to $70)(Will later add another stick), PSU, 1TB HDD (Prolly a Barracuda), 128GB SSD (Can delay), CPU cooler, any fans (If required), Case (No fancies, try to keep it super cheap). Keep it cheap, broke AF but don't gimme like an 8-year old part. Thanks in advance.

@LukeSavenije BRO, HOP ON NEWEGG, SEARCH FOR "RYZEN 5 2600 COMBO" AND LOOK AT THEM, SUGGEST ONE BY TOMORROW, ASAP. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

5 minutes ago, IrtazaAbbas said:

@LukeSavenije BRO, HOP ON NEWEGG, SEARCH FOR "RYZEN 5 2600 COMBO" AND LOOK AT THEM, SUGGEST ONE BY TOMORROW, ASAP. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

looked at those deals, I can do it cheaper, just 100 bucks more than a full bundle there without hdd, cooler and gpu. beat that, newegg

I'd get the 2600, even though the 1400 is currently cheaper. It's suitable for high refresh rate gaming (so 144hz and 240hz, and higher if you are Linus).

Also, why get a 1060 6GB? A RX 580 or RX 590 are cheaper and better options.

A good motherboard is a B450-F Strix or a B450 Pro4. For a Micro-ATX option, a B450M Mortar should do well.

You absolutely don't need a CPU cooler unless you're overclocking a little bit, in which a Dark Rock TF, Dark Rock 3 or Dark Rock 4 (and the Pro versions of all of these) would do extremely well. A Noctua NH-D15 is good if your case has the room for it and equivalent to a Pro 4 (get the SE-AM4 versions!!!).

For a good power supply, Corsair's RMx and EVGA G2/G3 are good, high-quality PSUs. Get the wattage you need.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

10 hours ago, IrtazaAbbas said:

I am planning on buying a 1060 6GB. What is the cheapest CPU that I can pair it with? I WILL USE THIS PC FOR GAMING AND WORKING, I REPEAT BOTH AS A GAMING PC AND A WORKSTATION. The processor should have 0 bottlenecks with the GPU. I will run games like PUBG, CSGO, Fortnite, e.t.c. (Gaming aim = 1080p, 60FPS+). I will run programs like, Photoshop, After Effects, Premier Pro. Should stay good till 2 years

Ryzen + B450
amd, a lot of muscle at a little price, very good for workstation and decent performance in games.

The hell is XFX? And isn't a 1060 better than a 580? Tell me quick please. Dropping the cooler and the SSD rn (Will add it later). And can I get any ATX case?

2 minutes ago, IrtazaAbbas said:

I would say the one i'm suggesting, or at least something with a vrm heatsink, which that one doesn't have.

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

I would say the one i'm suggesting, or at least something with a vrm heatsink, which that one doesn't have.

I'll go with yours. The hell is XFX? And isn't a 1060 better than a 580? Tell me quick please. Dropping the cooler and the SSD rn (Will add it later). And can I get any ATX case?

6 minutes ago, IrtazaAbbas said:

I'll go with yours. The hell is XFX? And isn't a 1060 better than a 580? Tell me quick please. Dropping the cooler and the SSD rn (Will add it later). And can I get any ATX case?

xfx is one of the best amd card manifacturers, together with some msi, asus, sapphire and gigabyte cards (not all of them). the 580 and 1060 are about the same performencewise, but with the recent discounts on 580's they are cheaper. dropping that cooler and ssd is fine. you can go with most atx cases, but the one i listed has a big rebate on it of 25 bucks. so not a bad deal imo

Edited by LukeSavenije

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

xfx is one of the best amd card manifacturers, together with some msi, asus, sapphire and gigabyte cards (not all of them). the 580 and 1060 are about the same performencewise, but with the recent discounts on 580's they are cheaper. dropping that is fine. you can go with most atx cases, but the one i listed has a big rebate on it of 25 bucks. so not a bad deal imo

I can't tell my 70-year old Grandmother to carry a case all the way from the US. I have seen millions of videos, 1060 comes out on the top, plus I trust Nvidia more. Can you find one in the same price? But will a 580 perform better because of the AMD CPU? How many RAM's does your Mobo support? And how many HDD's and SSD's?

21 minutes ago, IrtazaAbbas said:

I can't tell my 70-year old Grandmother to carry a case all the way from the US. I have seen millions of videos, 1060 comes out on the top, plus I trust Nvidia more. Can you find one in the same price? But will a 580 perform better because of the AMD CPU? How many RAM's does your Mobo support? And how many HDD's and SSD's?

well, then order a case locally. I've seen many charts going 580 on par or even above.

this one is the cheapest you can get:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jZJkcf/asus-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-dual-video-card-dual-gtx1060-o6g

4 sticks. and 6 sata ports

edit: it won't perform better or ryzen as far as I know

Edited by LukeSavenije

10 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, then order a case locally. I've seen many charts going 580 on par or even above.

this one is the cheapest you can get:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jZJkcf/asus-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-dual-video-card-dual-gtx1060-o6g

4 sticks. and 6 sata ports

edit: it won't perform better or ryzen as far as I know

6 sata? As in I can fit 5HDD's and 1SSD or 2HDD's and 3SSD's? EDIT: On the website, it says $320. Should I get an RX580? Will it really do me good? EDIT AGAIN: If you say RX580 over the 1060, should I go for this one https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137118&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID= ? This is MSI (Does it improve performance?) and it is for $204 and has 2 free games.

51 minutes ago, IrtazaAbbas said:

6 sata? As in I can fit 5HDD's and 1SSD or 2HDD's and 3SSD's? EDIT: On the website, it says $320. Should I get an RX580? Will it really do me good? EDIT AGAIN: If you say RX580 over the 1060, should I go for this one https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137118&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID= ? This is MSI (Does it improve performance?) and it is for $204 and has 2 free games.

Yes, you can fit that much, and you even have your m.2 slots free, but they normally disable a sata slot.

You should get the cheapest out of the 1060 and 580, performence is the same. And not that msi, it has a cheap cooler and I don't recommend it. I know it's msi, but that is one of the worse cards in the rx580 linup

Also, not sure if I said this before, but the 580 is way ahead of the 1060 in workstation use (solidworks at least)

20 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Also, not sure if I said this before, but the 580 is way ahead of the 1060 in workstation use (solidworks at least)

Sure. But I'll order the Mobo and CPU today. They'll arrive in January. By then, maybe I'll buy more parts too. I won't be able to run it before the GPU, right?

Just now, IrtazaAbbas said:

Sure. But I'll order the Mobo and CPU today. They'll arrive in January. By then, maybe I'll buy more parts too. I won't be able to run it before the GPU, right?

nope. the ryzen series exept for the 2200g and 2400g don't have intergrated graphics. you could use an old one in the time, or get it the 580 right away

22 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

nope. the ryzen series exept for the 2200g and 2400g don't have intergrated graphics. you could use an old one in the time, or get it the 580 right away

I have an old ass GT210 ?. Not gonna order now, will order the parts in January, hopefully will have more budget by then