Won't let me use 240Hz

Elrond5
Go to solution Solved by NunoLava1998,

You can't use 240hz with a 650 Ti because it needs DisplayPort 1.3 or higher.

Also, a 650 Ti absolutely isn't going to get 240hz in games, including Minecraft (at probably 12 chunks distance, which isn't much) and ROBLOX (and ROBLOX is capped at 60fps), unless you manage to turn the settings crazy down.

Its a old card that will barely get you any framerate near 240hz. Also you need to use dp 1.3 or higher which your card doesnt have 

Also, a 650 Ti absolutely isn't going to get 240hz in games, including Minecraft (at probably 12 chunks distance, which isn't much) and ROBLOX (and ROBLOX is capped at 60fps), unless you manage to turn the settings crazy down.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

3 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Also, a 650 Ti absolutely isn't going to get 240hz in games, including Minecraft and ROBLOX (and ROBLOX is capped at 60fps), unless you manage to turn the settings crazy down.

6 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

Its a old card that will barely get you any framerate near 240hz. Also you need to use dp 1.3 or higher which your card doesnt have 

While you both are right about the card not being able to drive it. DisplayPort 1.2 DOES support 240Hz at 1080p

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort#Resolution_and_refresh_frequency_limits

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just asking what DP do modern Graphics cards have? I was thinking of getting the GTX 1080 Ti or is there a better option?

2 minutes ago, Elrond5 said:

Just asking what DP do modern Graphics cards have? I was thinking of getting the GTX 1080 Ti or is there a better option?

For 240hz, something like a 1080 Ti would do well for 240hz at most games, however high-end games would probably have to be 144hz.

This, is assuming that you have a CPU that doesn't bottleneck it horribly

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

9 minutes ago, Elrond5 said:

You also want a strong cpu. High refresh rate requires both cpu and gpu to get stable high fps