Laptop recommendation for Camp Fire evacuee who lost everything.

On November 8th I lost my home to the Camp Fire, which destroyed the majority of structures in Paradise, CA. Everything I owned except what I had on me at the time was lost. I spent the next two weeks in a mass shelter looking for somewhere to live. I was able to find a hotel, however with roughly 27,000 people dislocated the closest hotel I could find was 150 miles from Paradise. So here I am, far from home, technically homeless, jobless, TOWNLESS! I have a lot to do to get my life going again and I need a computer asap.

With all of that being said..  I need a laptop that is more reliable and easier to use than the old iPhone I’m currently using for everything, but that’s not saying much. Most important things are reliability and performance. I will be filling out plenty of paperwork, uploading/downloading files and images, and viewing larger PDFs and spreadsheets that tend to crash my phone.

I would also like to have the option of playing games when things settle down. Mostly less graphically intense games like Don’t Starve and Oxygen Not Included.

I ask for recommendations here because I simply do not have the time to properly research on my own. Thanks in advance.

I have included a photo of my house for those interested.

39CE06B0-063E-4234-965F-5795E6A2CE28.jpeg

i would say get something cheap to hold you over until you get the insurance payout and get something actually decent. unless you can afford something now with the money you have.

what's your budget?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Sad to hear that

Might want to go used

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128