Eyoyo 8 inch 720p display - $70 USD

I just bought this 8in 720 as a system monitor display...am I out of my mind? Firewrath9 found it for me and it was less than $67 with 2 day shipping (Prime).

Eyoyo 8in 1280x720

8in monitor.jpg

Never rub another man's rhubarb!

4.2225Ghz 1700x on air

cpu-z validation

What is it displaying I could see a lot of use cases.

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

DRIVES:500GB Samsung 970 Pro + Patriot Blast 480GB x2 + 12tb RAID10 NAS

MONITORS:Pixio PX329 32inch 1440p 165hz, LG 34UM68-p 1080p 75hz

Just now, JohnDongus said:

What is it displaying I could see a lot of use cases.

System vitals, tdie, fans, ram usage, etc.

I wanted something around 5-6 inches, but that will suffice.

4.2225Ghz 1700x on air

cpu-z validation

Well it should arrive tomorrow....But I need to order a VESA 75 desk clamp stand. Wonder if anybody makes a monitor-to-monitor vesa mount/adapter? Time for a new thread!

I'll revist and post once I get a chance to get it unboxed and hooked up.

4.2225Ghz 1700x on air

cpu-z validation

Well I feel f*****g stupid....

Got the monitor today. But my dumb ass thought my 1060 had 2 HDMI ports, and 2 display ports. Nope....1 HDMI and 3 display ports. ?‍♂️ So I need to buy an adapter or display port to hdmi cable, and order a desk mount to put it above the Dell in the pic.

But at least I can confirm it works. All metal housing, VGA, BNC, Component, and HDMI connections. The stand, and related stand mount that it comes supplied with, feel a little cheap. But they are functional and work. The wall mount is flat, non-adjustable. It comes with screws and drywall anchors for wall mounting it. It's quite bright and sharp too. I was actually surprised how bright and sharp. Sharper than the Acer X221 in the below picture.

The wall-wart power adapter takes up the last two open plugs on my surge strip. The power cable is also a bit short, at only about 18 inches if I had to estimate. I'll require an extension cord once I get a desk mount for it, but that's ok, as that will free up the second electrical socket on my surge strip that it partially blocks.

My only real complaint is the HDMI, as it is downward facing. Using it with the included cable and desk stand it comes with, requires the cable to be routed down and across the front of the desk stand to the other side. It doesn't sit high enough to allow the cable to easily bend towards straight down and to the rear behind the monitor. If wanting a "cleaner" desktop solution, one would want to order a 90 degree HDMI adapter.

I can't comment on sound. I assume it has a speaker, as it has R/L RCA composite connections. But the sound would probably be bad, as the speaker(s) would have to be tiny to fit in this small monitor. There also don't appear to be any audio out or 3.5mm headphone jacks. I also cant comment on response time or ghosting/blur, as I didn't try it with any video. But that's not what I bought it for. I can say I didn't notice any ghosting with my mouse pointer, which is good enough for what I purchased it for.

(I will try and get around to connecting it to my ps3 or cable box in the next day or two for more testing; ie motion quality, hdmi sound, etc).

As a side note, I may, on occasion, use it as a monitor for my video camera. After I do see how well it handles full screen, fast, motion. Possibly even build a battery pack. Speaking of which, the back of the monitor specifies 12v DC 2 amps. I don't see this possibly pulling 2 amps of current (I forgot to check the wall-wart and it's hard to get to now that it's plugged in), but I suppose it's possible.

For the price, and seeming durable build quality, I can see this little 720p monitor being used for all sorts of cool DIY projects! I do recommend it.

1.jpg

4.2225Ghz 1700x on air

cpu-z validation

**UPDATE**

Quick update....

Tonight I connected it to my cable box. This little monitor, while having a great picture (I noticed very little / to no ghosting while watching Euro super-bike racing), does not support audio over HDMI. It does have built in audio that works with the component R/L connection. It's also not possible, that I've noticed, to pass sound through component while using HDMI video. It's possible I missed something in the settings menu though. It offers AVC for volume, which I find hilarious because the manual states 10 watts x 2.  It's far from that. Sound only comes out of one side, at full volume it's not very loud, connecting just left or right makes no difference in volume. The actual volume would only be suitable for situations where there isn't much noise and relatively quiet. In a room with three other people talking, they could not hear it while talking to each other. I could, but I was only about 18 inches away. It sounds like it is only a line level audio source feeding the tiny internal speaker and not amplified.

The manual also states " Ear phone slot" x 1. There is no earphone/headphone jack.

Looking through the case slots, I noticed something. A 3-pin connector on the main circuit board labeled "USB". This woke my curiosity. I doubt I'll mod it in order to put a headphone jack in, as I don't need sound from it. But this would be the easiest method of using anything with reasonable volume, and relatively easy to do, even for a novice electronics modder.

But I want to see what else this board is hiding, so I'll be cracking it open.I'll try and take some pics when I open it up.

4.2225Ghz 1700x on air

cpu-z validation

FFS i'd buy it, but it would most likely see very little usage in the end.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

On 11/28/2018 at 4:33 AM, FIXXX said:

FFS i'd buy it, but it would most likely see very little usage in the end.

I got my Display Port to HDMI cable today. It's quite the vibrant little monitor. HWinfo text is a little hard to read at just a glance though.

I forgot to mention something. The stand that it comes with has 2 holes in it for either screwing it down, or mounting it upside down / inverted for mounting it under a cabinet. It's also recognized by my GTX1060 as a 60p display.

4.2225Ghz 1700x on air

cpu-z validation