''Ethernet cable unplugged?''

Zeorth

Hello, community!

I've been stuck on an internet issue lately and I hope you guys can be of help.

Here is my situation:
My internet speed: 1000 up/1000 down
My router: Apple AirPort Extreme
My MoBo: ASUS Z170-E
My OS: Windows 10 (64x)

The problem:
For some reason, my download speed was and still is limited to 100Mbps. I searched the internet and it said that I should go to the advanced settings of my network card and change the "Speed and Duplex" option from "100Mbps Full Duplex" to "1.0Gbps Full Duplex", which made sense, except when I changed it, my network card displayed that my ethernet cable was unplugged. It's automatic. The card just stops recognizing any type of connection. The LEDs on the port even stop blinking.

So I'm kind of at a loss here, since my motherboard is clearly able to receive such a signal. Maybe it has something to do with the Bios? I don't know...

I've looked around the internet to no avail and thought maybe this forum was a good next step since it's helped me countless times in the past.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cable, port or the equipment 9n the other end is only running at 100mbps maximum. Try a different cable and see if it helps. Also, plug it directly into the router if it's not already 

What kind of cable are you using? One you bought or one you made? You mentioned in another topic you're using Cat6 cable, can you double check?

How long is the cable and is there any damage? Does it go through the wall or is it directly connected to the router?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 hour ago, Lurick said:

What kind of cable are you using? One you bought or one you made? You mentioned in another topic you're using Cat6 cable, can you double check?

How long is the cable and is there any damage? Does it go through the wall or is it directly connected to the router?

Cat 6. Bought it. 50m. No damage. through wall

4 minutes ago, OreoPandas said:

Cat 6. Bought it. 50m. No damage. through wall

So the cat6 cable goes direct from your computer through the wall and into the router? Nothing else in between?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

So the cat6 cable goes direct from your computer through the wall and into the router? Nothing else in between?

Ive drilled holes in the floor so it goes through my basement but besides that nope. 

7 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I’ll go and try another cable. 

Just now, OreoPandas said:

Ive drilled holes in the floor so it goes through my basement but besides that nope. 

Hmmm, you wouldn't happen to have another machine you could try to plug the cable into by chance would you?

If you do and it shows 100Mbps then it's a cable or router port issue, if not then it's a motherboard issue.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: