Looking for headphones

lookingforheadphones

My budget is $140, whats a good pair of headphones that fit this description?

• closed with really good isolation
  • removeable wire
  • good for listening to metal, specifically power metal
  • Really comfortable
  • Doesnt need something like an external AMP or DAC
  • durable

How important is the Removable cable? The best headphones I've ever used are the DT 770's by Beyerdynamic, incredibly comfortable, I've owned them for 3 years now and they are barely showing any sign of wear, except for the few times i've ran over them with my chair. If not i would try the ATH-m50x, the m50x is much more portable and just as accurate. but it isn't as comfortable imo and the lows aren't as fat. would you just be using these for music? 

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

I just ordered my Roccat Cross headphones so I don't quite know how it does in terms of physical build and audio bias, but it does have a detachable cable and doesn't need an external AMP/DAC, in addition to being £25 on Amazon with a Prime membership.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

4 hours ago, Emanbaird said:

How important is the Removable cable? The best headphones I've ever used are the DT 770's by Beyerdynamic, incredibly comfortable, I've owned them for 3 years now and they are barely showing any sign of wear, except for the few times i've ran over them with my chair. If not i would try the ATH-m50x, the m50x is much more portable and just as accurate. but it isn't as comfortable imo and the lows aren't as fat. would you just be using these for music? 

Having a removable cable is really important, and I would mainly be using them for music but sometimes videos and VCing

2 minutes ago, lookingforheadphones said:

Having a removable cable is really important, and I would mainly be using them for music but sometimes videos and VCing

I would definitely go with the ATH-M50x, Seinheiser also makes some good stuff, but they have strayed away from the path of high quality stuff, i haven't had such good luck with their newer stuff. but they still sound good.

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

1 hour ago, Emanbaird said:

46 minutes ago, Emanbaird said:

I would definitely go with the ATH-M50x, Seinheiser also makes some good stuff, but they have strayed away from the path of high quality stuff, i haven't had such good luck with their newer stuff. but they still sound good.

what? at both bolded

plz stay away from m50s they are horrible

heres a topic on why too