Use ANY API with VISUAL STUDIO????

iKingRPG
Go to solution Solved by Franck,
9 hours ago, iKingRPG said:

Thanks. I'm guessing it's not that easy, but do you think it would be possible for me to make a programs where it at least has a button to activate voice? I've seen people do stuff with the API like control it with a raspberry pi.

Firstly, nearly everything is possible with nearly any language you choose.

As for the voice part it depend what you mean but either way it's all possible, only a different method depending on what you want to do. If you mean you want to click a button and activate a voice recognition then it's embedded easily in any windows Vista and up. You use the SpeechRecognitionEngine class and if will interpret what you are saying and return a text value which you then parse a decide what to do.

Example you say "start chrome" then the recognition will trigger an event once it finished analyzing the voice and will return the text "start chrome" then you can parse and check for the word "start" and then when you catch such a word consider the next to be an application name and try find a file called "chrome" and add the ".exe" to it and if you find it on the computer start it. I mean this is not a good implementation but it's a basic one to learn the principle.

I am a 100% visual studio noob. i have it. i know you use apis and stuff and add buttons, but can i just use any api? Like the google assistant API you can get on cloud.google.com. i also saw this, and idk. can someone link me to a tutorial or something? Thanks.

31 minutes ago, iKingRPG said:

I am a 100% visual studio noob. i have it. i know you use apis and stuff and add buttons, but can i just use any api? Like the google assistant API you can get on cloud.google.com. i also saw this, and idk. can someone link me to a tutorial or something? Thanks.

You will have to be more specific, what uses API's? If you mean winforms, then I don't think they call it API's and you can't just add any web API to it.

5 hours ago, timl132 said:

You will have to be more specific, what uses API's? If you mean winforms, then I don't think they call it API's and you can't just add any web API to it.

Difficult question but generic answer is easy.

If the API you talk about is web request then nearly any language on the planet can interact with it.

If it's a DLL (library) you can with Visual Studio and C# use any .Net DLL, C++, C, VB6 easily. Java Lib is possible but real headache. Those are the main lib you will be looking for for .Net development.

14 hours ago, Franck said:

Difficult question but generic answer is easy.

If the API you talk about is web request then nearly any language on the planet can interact with it.

If it's a DLL (library) you can with Visual Studio and C# use any .Net DLL, C++, C, VB6 easily. Java Lib is possible but real headache. Those are the main lib you will be looking for for .Net development.

Thanks. I'm guessing it's not that easy, but do you think it would be possible for me to make a programs where it at least has a button to activate voice? I've seen people do stuff with the API like control it with a raspberry pi.

9 hours ago, iKingRPG said:

Firstly, nearly everything is possible with nearly any language you choose.

As for the voice part it depend what you mean but either way it's all possible, only a different method depending on what you want to do. If you mean you want to click a button and activate a voice recognition then it's embedded easily in any windows Vista and up. You use the SpeechRecognitionEngine class and if will interpret what you are saying and return a text value which you then parse a decide what to do.

Example you say "start chrome" then the recognition will trigger an event once it finished analyzing the voice and will return the text "start chrome" then you can parse and check for the word "start" and then when you catch such a word consider the next to be an application name and try find a file called "chrome" and add the ".exe" to it and if you find it on the computer start it. I mean this is not a good implementation but it's a basic one to learn the principle.