New Unraid wont boot HELP!!!

I'm trying to get Unraid onto an older tower with a couple of drives that way i can test out the actual OS before i put it on my HP ProLiant DL360 server for Plex , Sorage, and VMs but no matter what i do i can not get it first i tried on an old Dell Poweredge 1950 with no luck. So i figured id move my drives and flash drive to an ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX with and AMD FX-8350.

I have tried everything i can to get this to boot into the drive looked at every thing about settings in the BIOS. I would really like to try out this OS and have an idea about what i will need to do to get it on the server.

Any Help with this and i would be super grateful. 

I have tried FreeNAS 11.2 and 11.1 on both machines and it seams that plex no longer has a download for them. 

If your using a server like that id use something like esxi or proxmox as there is much better vm features compared to unraid.

Is secure boot on? Is it set to legacy or uefi? Does the usb stick show up? Its it in a usb 2 or 3 port?

Well right now on the HP ProLiant DL360 i just have windows 10 and i don't want to keep that as the OS. VM's wont be used all the time so that is now my main focus. I will look into those though.

On the  ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX I have turned secure boot Other OS because it doesn't have an option to turn it off. I have it on UEFI because the flash drive shows up as UEFI. The drive is in a USB 2.0 port and is a USB2.0 drive. I have made sure that i removed the spinning rust drives and cd drive from being seen as boot locations. 

On the Poweredge i did turn it off. That one is an old machine so it doesnt have an option to boot in UEFI but I had no problems putting windows or linux ubuntu on it. and that one only had usb 2.0.

16 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

If your using a server like that id use something like esxi or proxmox as there is much better vm features compared to unraid.

The only downside is that ESXi doesn't support softraid, otherwise it's a great hypervisor. All my "server" machines run it, even a Celeron NUC that hosts my website and a remote login VM.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

20 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

The only downside is that ESXi doesn't support softraid, otherwise it's a great hypervisor. All my "server" machines run it, even a Celeron NUC that hosts my website and a remote login VM.

Ya i read that and said i cant use that one. So I started looking into proxmox. But i would really like to get Unraid up and running. 

1 hour ago, TravisW said:

Ya i read that and said i cant use that one. So I started looking into proxmox. But i would really like to get Unraid up and running. 

Really, proxmox is much better for vms, Ive used both, unraid is a much better basic media server, but promox is much better for vms with much better vm and storage options.

I  ended up abandoning it completely.  I have decided to go with FreeNAS. I understand Proxmox is probably much better. But after the issues i had with unraid and i was mostly looking to stream Media and use it as a NAS. It also only took me maybe 15 minutes to get it up and running on 2 different machines for testing. I didn't want to spend another week fighting with it just to figure out that my machines don't like it.