SUPER LOW FPS! HIGH-END PC! HELP!

Nate1
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
1 minute ago, Nate1 said:

R u sure this is the problem, i dont want to have to buy new ram if its not the case. Also whats the recommended ram speed?

You need to sell your current ram to get 2x8GB (and perhaps higher speed), and your motherboard is literally the cheapest possible. Consider replacing it with a b250 or h270.

You call your system a "high end" system but it's got some serious budget parts in it.

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Just remember: B250 at least, with H270 a step up from that, and Z270 being best. 

Does it matter what z270? like z270p, z270a, z270 gaming?

1 minute ago, bleedblue said:

You have a K chip. Overclocking is only supported on Z270 chipsets.

You'll be wasting money on anything but a Z board.

Well, k sku i7s have higher clocks out of box than the non-k, so getting it on a locked chipset does still offer some benefit. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

And remember not to get Z370, since the 300 series is only for 8th gen intel, unlike your 7th gen (unless you knew that already)

Yeah, thanks for that tho :)

1 minute ago, Nate1 said:

Does it matter what z270? like z270p, z270a, z270 gaming?

Those letters are branding for companies' product stacks. The important part is Z270, and also that it's not dirt cheap. Feel free to ask if your selection is a good upgrade.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Those letters are branding for companies' product stacks. The important part is Z270, and also that it's not dirt cheap. Feel free to ask if your selection is a good upgrade.

Im looking at this one? is this one alright? Its not to cheap not to expensive. https://www.amazon.ca/ASUS-PRIME-Z270-P-LGA1151-Motherboard/dp/B01NAGY3C8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1539213624&sr=1-1&keywords=z270&dpID=51wjDLNQv1L&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Just now, Nate1 said:

I think that's overpriced since you can get a decent motherboard from eBay, but if you want new for the sake of a warranty that would be a decent upgrade. Not amazing VRM cooling as you can see by the somewhat small heat sink to the left of the socket, but it's still a lot better than the H110 board.

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

I think that's overpriced since you can get a decent motherboard from eBay, but if you want new for the sake of a warranty that would be a decent upgrade. Not amazing VRM cooling as you can see by the somewhat small heat sink to the left of the socket, but it's still a lot better than the H110 board.

So you still think this one is better? https://www.amazon.ca/GIGABYTE-GA-Z270P-D3-LGA1151-Crossfire-Motherboard/dp/B01N2V0AHI/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1539213902&sr=1-2&keywords=z270&dpID=51tJx9DsZAL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

4 minutes ago, Nate1 said:

That one has the same shortcoming, a somewhat small amount of power phases (for a z270 anyway) and a small heat sink, but I do think it's on par with the asus one. Either will still be a sizable upgrade since your current motherboard only has 4 power phases and the Asus one has 7, so in my opinion you should get that one.

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

That one has the same shortcoming, a somewhat small amount of power phases (for a z270 anyway) and a small heat sink, but I do think it's on par with the asus one. Either will still be a sizable upgrade since your current motherboard only has 4 power phases and the Asus one has 7, so in my opinion you should get that one.

Ok i guess im getting the asus one, will be here tomorrow with amazon prime :)

Just now, Nate1 said:

Ok i guess im getting the asus one, will be here tomorrow with amazon prime :)

Make sure you have some spare thermal paste lying around to repaste your cooler, and some rubbing alcohol to get rid of the old stuff.

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Make sure you have some spare thermal paste lying around to repaste your cooler, and some rubbing alcohol to get rid of the old stuff.

Yes i do, thank you for the reminder though.

quick stupid question, do you have your hdmi connected to the motherboard or the graphics card?

On 10/11/2018 at 4:33 PM, SirReno said:

quick stupid question, do you have your hdmi connected to the motherboard or the graphics card?

Graphics Card.

• 6 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, Nate1 said:

I've recently noticed that my fps in games has been way lower than other people with pc's with the same specs.

PC SPECS:

CPU: i7 7700k 4.2ghz

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6gb

RAM: 1x16gb DDR4 2400mhz

MOTHERBOARD: GA-H110m-a

So far I've tried turning off game dvr, all drivers updated (gpu, bios), nvidia highlights off and more. I switched to a friends gtx 1060 6gb to test if the fps would be different, its the exact same. So im going to assume its not a gpu problem, but im not sure. In CS:GO i get around 150 fps on minimum settings compared to the same spec computers averaging almost 300 fps average on max settings and in Fortnite i cant even get over 200 fps. Please help, if you have any ideas please let me know.

Guys I Just discovered something after months of have serious fps drops. If you disable your hd graphics that is part of the Intel chip you decrease your performance drastically. This is tested. Part of Intels powerfull chip uses this to process ingame even if you have a dedicated graphics card. So check to see if you turned off you intel onboard hd graphics. I have a similar chipset and this was my problem for months that I could not figure out.