REALLY Need Help!! (COMCTL.dll error???)

xDanielxOossiex

I really need help because I have searched the internet and couldn't find ANYTHING helpful. Ask if you want/need to know more.

(Also, please read all of the text. And I'm kind of all over the place because I'm Dutch and English isn't my main language)

So I'm having a really weird and very annoying issue with Windows 10. Whenever I want to install anything, I get this message:

image.png.eea15021e1148a85540c3deb9ba8d1d7.png

Roughly 2 weeks ago I pre-downloaded Battlefield 5 open beta, when it was done I opened it just to see how it looked (so it worked fine). 1 or 2 days later when the Open Beta actually started I wanted to play BF5 OpenBeta. I wanted to open Origin (which is needed to open BF5) but I got this message:

image.png.672601e999804e3eb25f63ff4bb6b8cc.png (same message as the one above)

In the error it says to reinstall the program, so I did, but when I clicked the installer to open and start, I got that same error message again.

Today I saw there was a new Nvidia Display Driver version available, but it couldn't install, and I'm 100% sure its also because of this same error message.

My monitors worked fine before I started the installation. But now when I start up my pc, it goes low resolution on 1 monitor, then goes full res with both monitors working and then after a little time 1 monitor goes black and only 1 works in full res. My pc also doesn't detect my videocard anymore after I tried installing the new drive update.

I wasn't able to open Uplay either, but I could open Steam (and games on Steam) and Minecraft (didn't test other games).

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD