Building a custom itx case

Galion

How much will it cost me to get someone to laser cut or plasma cut or water jet cut some frame pieces? 

Estimated prices

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

depends on the sort of folks you're doing business with, and quite honestly even your region.

i can get some acrylic around the corner for something like €15 per square meter, and they'll cut for something like €5 per cut if its more complicated than just slicing it in half.

most folks in the states consider themselves lucky to find acrylic for 2-3x that price..

--

piece of advice tho: if you're in a hot climate, bringing a few cold beers to a small metalworkshop gets you a long way.

13 minutes ago, manikyath said:

depends on the sort of folks you're doing business with, and quite honestly even your region.

i can get some acrylic around the corner for something like €15 per square meter, and they'll cut for something like €5 per cut if its more complicated than just slicing it in half.

most folks in the states consider themselves lucky to find acrylic for 2-3x that price..

--

piece of advice tho: if you're in a hot climate, bringing a few cold beers to a small metalworkshop gets you a long way.

I'm not using acrylic I'm going with mild steel, I'm cutting about 4 peices(front, back, base and bottom). 

I'm using tempered glass for it's panels. 

As for the beers no probe my uncle's has got. Plenty

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

Going off what I know about wood workings and 3D printing services, it'll be $100 per sheet for just cutting. If you want more finished thing, you can add $50/h on top of that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Going off what I know about wood workings and 3D printing services, it'll be $100 per sheet for just cutting. If you want more finished thing, you can add $50/h on top of that.

Ouch but what the hell, I'll be the only one with this custom build

Best Value Build List

In that case, get some practice in with those hand tools and a ruler!

How complex is the design you're cutting, or will it just be side panels, etc?

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

2 hours ago, Galion said:

Ouch but what the hell, I'll be the only one with this custom build

That's still estimate. It could be notably less. But as there's 4 or more different style parts, company could well try to squeeze more out of you. Be in contact with few local companies and ask for their pricing. That way you get most realistic estimates.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, Ross Siggers said:

In that case, get some practice in with those hand tools and a ruler!

How complex is the design you're cutting, or will it just be side panels, etc?

They  are not panels only the back has the cutouts for io and sfx psu, the base vents for the psu fan, the base plate holds the motherboard and tower inserts for the radiator and the front as cutouts for the magnet for the front panel plate

Best Value Build List

11 hours ago, Galion said:

I'm not using acrylic I'm going with mild steel, I'm cutting about 4 peices(front, back, base and bottom). 

I'm using tempered glass for it's panels. 

As for the beers no probe my uncle's has got. Plenty

yeah.. you're going to pay a nice slice for that.

crude guess, look at the price of caselabs cases, with lots of accessories (RIP in pepperonis caselabs..)

Some places might sell you the sheet metal to your required dimensions, so check when you purchase the materials if they can do that.

It'd save you some worry over accurately cutting in the main bulk. 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

2 hours ago, Ross Siggers said:

Some places might sell you the sheet metal to your required dimensions, so check when you purchase the materials if they can do that.

It'd save you some worry over accurately cutting in the main bulk. 

I'll check that out thank you

Best Value Build List

If you have time to spend on the project, you can get a lot done with a Dremel, a thin cut off wheel on an angle grinder, a drill, and some sandpaper.

You may even be able to salvage most of your material from any old ATX mid tower case.

Just a thought.