Upgrading my monitor, Will i need to upgrade my graphics card too?

Luke

Hello. I'm going to just start out by listing my system specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

Gigabyte 990XA

Asus HD 7750 820Mhz

Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz

Corsair CX430M

My PC can play all my games just fine (Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Fallout, League of legends, Starcraft etc.) But my monitor is a Acer X193W from 2008 i think and the resolution is only 1440X900 so i'm going to buy a new monitor but i think one of the reasons my video card plays all my games fine is because my of my resolution. I'm just wondering if i upgraded my monitor do you guys think my games would still play fine at 1920x1080? I don't have enough money for a video card upgrade.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Don't upgrade your monitor until you have enough money to upgrade your graphics card.

They would still play on med-high settings (most games) but not flawlessly and not ultra. Might need to bump down to medium for games like FC3. However, they will play. I would recommend a 7850 or 7870 for a 1080p monitor when you have the funds, but personally I would get the monitor first (just because 1440x900 is depressing from my perspective, especially for general computer use)

They would still play on med-high settings (most games) but not flawlessly and not ultra. Might need to bump down to medium for games like FC3. However' date=' they will play. I would recommend a 7850 or 7870 for a 1080p monitor when you have the funds, but personally I would get the monitor first (just because 1440x900 is depressing from my perspective, especially for general computer use)[/quote']

Thanks =) I'm more of a "good enough" type gamer. If my games look alright and play without having to turn the graphics down to minimum just to get rid of the lag that's good enough for me. Also i mostly play league of legends which can run off a potato (i used to play it with 256MB on-board display) but the game looks horrible on 1440x900 =\

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 []