Need help, new graphics card problems

Bluuz

I just got a 7970 matrix to replace my 670. Now the 670 required a 6 and 8 pin connector while the matrix required 2 8 pins.

After installing the matrix, I tried to boot up my system, however the monitor would not display anything and there was no "beep" when I pressed the power button.

I then switched the dvi cable to my onboard graphics, again no beep and no display.

I then unplugged the two cables from the matrix and the system would properly boot.

What's going on here? I did a clean wipe of the nvidia drivers and the matrix leds are working properly.

My 620W power supply should be enough too.

You could try re-seating the GPU, the problem may have been something as simple as a bad connection.

I tried reslotting it in. I don't think that's the issue. The leds on the matrix light up fine. In fact there is even a red led to tell me that one of the power cables isn't connected (which is how I'm able to post this right now.) The strange thing is that as soon as I unplug the two 8 pins from the matrix (while still leaving it in the slot and receiving power from the pcie) everything works fine. I'm guessing right now that it's due to my power supply being insufficient, even though it should be enough. 620w for 3570k, the 7970 matrix, h80, 1 ssd, 1hd, 1 led controller, asus soundcard and 3 fans.

I was having the same exact problem with my Asus 7870 DC2 v2 and I just put it in my system after just getting it and was using it for 5 or so minutes and then went to benchmark it and it crashed, black screened, sound loop and then that was the end of it. I would turn my computer on and normally I would get a beep but I would get nothing. Fans on the card would spin but just a black screen and no signal. Very frustrating to see this on a brand new card. I also wouldn't blame this on your psu either because I had tried the card in another computer with the same results.

Well, I got a new psu (860W). and reassembled the system. the problem still persists. Must be a mobo thing or the card is defective.

try another pcie power plug to the video cards?

if that doesnt work then it might be a driver issue or a compatibility issue.

Ryzen 9 5900x | x570 TUF Gaming Pro Wifi | 32gb GSkill 4x8gb @3000mhz CL15 | ASUS Strix RX480 8gb | XFX 750W psu | Cosair H100i GTX | Fractal Design R5

Drop ENTR Halo True | Logitech G900 Choas Spectrum | Blue-Yeti | AKG k553 Pro

ended up flashing bios, that did the trick.

ended up flashing bios' date=' that did the trick.[/quote'] How did you flash the vbios without booting into windows ?

The system would boot fine whenever the pcie cables weren't connected to the gpu.