Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jakkuh_t

Steam Caching Tutorial

Getting an error when attempting to add the steam cache container. I want to it connect to my local address, as everyone seems to be doing, but Docker has it's own network.

Status: Downloaded newer image for steamcache/generic:latest
faaad4057c324766b871b486e97855d30c2148e4e6ca7ad8dfbd665e4a13a16d
docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint steam-cache (dbe1580244f66a708bc667397dce964fbe3460168d1708e33d278e206df500a8): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 192.168.0.31:80: bind: cannot assign requested address.

anyone have a fix for this?

Hi Everyone,

I have built a cache server following these steps quite some time ago. Everything worked back then. I tested steam and origin mainly. Today I had to change the physical nic config. Before that it was everything on one nic, but today I changed it to 2 nics. 1 for management teamspeak etc and the second for all the cache server ip addresses. Dedicated for caching only. Steam works splendidly while origin doesn't do anything. Has anyone had this problem? If I look at the origin logs I get no HITs or MISSes either. It's like it doesn't work. The config is exactly the same. Tomorrow I will try to revert the nic settings but I fear that it will be the same. Basically my question: DOES ORIGIN STILL WORK FOR ANYONE ELSE?

Thank you in advance,

Cheers,

Push 

18 hours ago, Pushkin755 said:

Hi Everyone,

I have built a cache server following these steps quite some time ago. Everything worked back then. I tested steam and origin mainly. Today I had to change the physical nic config. Before that it was everything on one nic, but today I changed it to 2 nics. 1 for management teamspeak etc and the second for all the cache server ip addresses. Dedicated for caching only. Steam works splendidly while origin doesn't do anything. Has anyone had this problem? If I look at the origin logs I get no HITs or MISSes either. It's like it doesn't work. The config is exactly the same. Tomorrow I will try to revert the nic settings but I fear that it will be the same. Basically my question: DOES ORIGIN STILL WORK FOR ANYONE ELSE? 

Thank you in advance,

Cheers,

Push 

Even with the original nic settings, the origin-cache container's access log does not generate any HIT or MISS lines or anything else for that matter. Does Origin work from anyone else? Here is my docker config.

docker config.txt

On 6/28/2019 at 4:00 PM, Pushkin755 said:

Hi Everyone,

Thank you in advance,

Cheers,

Push 

Yeah ORIGIN IS NO GO

I spent the whole morning stoping removing pulling all new updates for all containers and trying out  steamcache lancache lancachenet dns snipproxy and all variants of containers and  ORIGIN DOES NOT WORK

EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS

so i guess origin did something ;/

I'm a total newb when it comes to Linux but have been able to get to the point in this tutorial (thanks very much for this btw) where I start up docker containers.

How do I point to my network shares?

-v /home/USERNAME/cache/steam/data:/data/cache \

I plan on having my data stored on my windows shared drives, I have a 4TB dedicated drive just for caching.

My network share is on //192.168.1.200/steamcache

I managed to get it so I can see it in the Ubuntu file explorer. But what to do next? 

And can someone please explain what this path means?

-v /home/USERNAME/cache/steam/data:/data/cache \

what is the /data/cache on the right side of the : for?