Asus ROG GL503GE Screen Displaying Low Quality Image

Pc Foundry Josh

Hi Guys,

First post on here and its partly because im at my whits end!

I just bought a brand new Asus ROG GL503GE Scar Edition Laptop and anytime I try to watch youtube, or Netflix or really any type of video even though everything is set to 1080p Quality it displays like its running in 360p.

In display settings the screen is set to 1920 x 1080 , 120HZ , 125% scaling ( recommended ).

It has a 1050TI which has the latest GeForce drivers Plus it has UHD I GPU which has the latest intel driver.

I've tried messing with all the settings in the Nvidia Control Panel, and the Intel control Panel, I've done all the latest windows updates plus a Bios Update.

I plugged the hdmi cable from my TV in to see if it was just the display on the laptop but it was also displaying in low quality on my TV as well.

I also tried tethering the internet off my phone as well thinking maybe it was slow internet and it was playing poor quality even though it says 1080p, but that didn't make a difference either.

So it has to be a config issue. ive read nothing but good reviews of this laptops screen, including the one linus did.

The laptop itself has a I7 8750H 6 core CPU and a GTX 1050TI 4GB, Has an NVME Boot Drive and an SSHD Storage drive. so its no slouch for day to day work loads.

Any suggestions? Maybe a complete re install of windows to get rid of the OEM asus version? I want to edit videos on this thing with premiere pro so I need to fix it.

Thank You

20180817_171941.jpg

Yeah, I selected the GPU as preferred in the Nvidia Control Panel. The issue seems to be where colours or shades should smoothly blend they are showing as hard lines.

I took this screen shot in Geforce Experience, the video isn't playing its just a preview.

But look in here headphones and behind her head, that's how everything is displaying on the screen, even if I open pictures they all look super low quality. this has got me stumped!

Untitled.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/17/2018 at 6:03 PM, Pc Foundry Josh said:

Hi Guys,

I just bought a brand new Asus ROG GL503GE Scar Edition Laptop and anytime I try to watch youtube, or Netflix or really any type of video even though everything is set to 1080p Quality it displays like its running in 360p.

In display settings the screen is set to 1920 x 1080 , 120HZ , 125% scaling ( recommended ).

It has a 1050TI which has the latest GeForce drivers Plus it has UHD I GPU which has the latest intel driver.

I've tried messing with all the settings in the Nvidia Control Panel, and the Intel control Panel, I've done all the latest windows updates plus a Bios Update.

I plugged the hdmi cable from my TV in to see if it was just the display on the laptop but it was also displaying in low quality on my TV as well.

I also tried tethering the internet off my phone as well thinking maybe it was slow internet and it was playing poor quality even though it says 1080p, but that didn't make a difference either.

So it has to be a config issue. ive read nothing but good reviews of this laptops screen, including the one linus did.

The laptop itself has a I7 8750H 6 core CPU and a GTX 1050TI 4GB, Has an NVME Boot Drive and an SSHD Storage drive. so its no slouch for day to day work loads.

Any suggestions? Maybe a complete re install of windows to get rid of the OEM asus version? I want to edit videos on this thing with premiere pro so I need to fix it.

Thank You

20180817_171941.jpg

I'm having the same issue. Any update on this?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I figured it out. I recently bought this laptop and i love watching shows but the video quality was awful and it made no sense considering how great its graphics card is. So i went to the intel graphics command center. I will walk you all through it if you still need the answer. just thought you all might need it too.

Open Intel Graphics Command Center.

Go to the option "Video" 
there you will see 2 video settings (Brighten and darken) along with default.

Click on Brighten and then click custom settings. Cuz both those settings dont fix it but something in the middle does and i figured it out after alot of tampering. 

They used to have a 3rd one and if any of u have a third option (If you havent updated windows it should still be there) then click on that 3rd one and your video quality will be back to normal.

To those who went and did what i did (Update), Put these settings (in the pictures below) as your custom ones and restart your laptop.

Hope it works. Worked for me! 

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2019 at 9:44 PM, Zunaira said:

I figured it out. I recently bought this laptop and i love watching shows but the video quality was awful and it made no sense considering how great its graphics card is. So i went to the intel graphics command center. I will walk you all through it if you still need the answer. just thought you all might need it too.

Open Intel Graphics Command Center.

Go to the option "Video" 
there you will see 2 video settings (Brighten and darken) along with default.

Click on Brighten and then click custom settings. Cuz both those settings dont fix it but something in the middle does and i figured it out after alot of tampering. 

They used to have a 3rd one and if any of u have a third option (If you havent updated windows it should still be there) then click on that 3rd one and your video quality will be back to normal.

To those who went and did what i did (Update), Put these settings (in the pictures below) as your custom ones and restart your laptop.

Hope it works. Worked for me! 

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

I have same laptop and same problem. I used your settings but it ended over saturating and over brightening. 

Model: GL503ElGE-EN169T

• 1 month later...

i have the same problem did you find any solution 

• 5 months later...
On 8/17/2018 at 2:03 PM, Pc Foundry Josh said:

Hi Guys,

Thank You

20180817_171941.jpg

Did you find any solution too this ? Have the same problem since yesterday with my GE

Did you find any solution to this ? Have the same problem since yesterday with my GE