Changing a laptop wireless card

Aereldor

I've got an Alienware 13R3 with a 'Killer' 1435 in it. It's not great; I experience frequent interruptions and it's given me issues before. 

I want to replace it, but I can't figure out how to uninstall the 'Killer' software first- there's just so much junk in the 'network adapters' section of Device Manager. How do I go about doing that?

Regards,

Aereldor.

23 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

I've got an Alienware 13R3 with a 'Killer' 1435 in it. It's not great; I experience frequent interruptions and it's given me issues before. 

I want to replace it, but I can't figure out how to uninstall the 'Killer' software first- there's just so much junk in the 'network adapters' section of Device Manager. How do I go about doing that?

Regards,

Aereldor.

I"m not certain I"d be worried. If you throw in a new wifi card with a different chip, the "killer" crap is likely simply not to run...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

From what past comments I have seen this card is fine if you remove the Killer software, it causes all the problems.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

16 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

From what past comments I have seen this card is fine if you remove the Killer software, it causes all the problems.

The two 'Killer' programs are 'Killer Wireless Driver' and 'Killer Ethernet Performance Suite Driver'. 

Not sure if it's possible for me to uninstall drivers through the uninstall programs menu in control panel. Should I just go ahead with it? I never run them anyway.

Also, I already have the Intel wireless card. I meant to give the Killer 1435 away to a friend who needs it, or sell it for a quick $10.

Linus just reviewed this a month ago. Still good value.