Need headphone recommendations

LoneWulf14

My Superlux HD668B headphones just broke and want to replace them with an upgrade. I'm looking to use the new headphones for both music and gaming (games like overwatch where hearing footsteps and the direction they come from is pretty important). In terms of budget I'd say around £100 but could go a bit higher if it makes a significant difference. Any help is appreciated.

Looking at those if you were happy with them, I'd buy them again. You certainly couldn't go wrong with them. 

Do you have noisy or quiet environment?

HD668B is semi-open so I guess relatively quiet.

There are some very good headphones for gaming around £100.

Both with neutral bass for maximal details and those with more some above neutral bass strength.

Former compromises "fun factor", while latter can't reach best level of details.

For example AKG K702 keeps bass in back seat to details being very neutral and analytical.

Though for gaming besides accurate enough headphones signal is what makes other part.

Headphones can never reproduce something not in signal.

And standard stereo speaker mix of games sucks compared to what good headphones are capable.

Overwatch is only game besides CS:GO itself having proper sound output settings and ability to produce binaural sound signal for headphones.

3 hours ago, EsaT said:

Do you have noisy or quiet environment?

HD668B is semi-open so I guess relatively quiet.

I'm in a quiet environment, the reason I got the HD668B in the first place was based on recommendations and how good they were for the price. I've had a friend recommend the Sennheiser HD598SR since posting this on the forum. Still open to recommendations though, your input is a great help.

13 hours ago, LoneWulf14 said:

I'm in a quiet environment, the reason I got the HD668B in the first place was based on recommendations and how good they were for the price. I've had a friend recommend the Sennheiser HD598SR since posting this on the forum. Still open to recommendations though, your input is a great help.

It’s a totally different sound tho! The Superlux has stoopid painful amounts of treble and bass. The Sennheiser has wayyyy less treble and less bass but the mids are alive. If you still want to preserve the deep “U” sound profile I’d recommend a Beyerdynamic. Sennheiser will sound dull to you. 

18 hours ago, LoneWulf14 said:

Superlux makes some very good headphones for price.

Once bought HD330 just for testing and it's definitely impressive for price.

Would certainly trust it more than gaming brand headphones, except those few made by actual audio makers.

(like QPAD QH1339 which is rebranded Beyerdynamic MMX300)

If you want maximal details and are ready to compromise in "fun factor" AKG K702 would be available for £105.

It's one of headphones I have and has clear edge in details over tape keeping parts from falling HD595.

Neutral bass can just feel "shy" especially at moderate volumes.

HD668B looks to have strongly V-shaped/loudness compensation shaped frequency response with very wide ranged treble boost.

http://en.goldenears.net/14529

So bass neutral headphone might feel really lacking in bass after it.

£101 Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro would be more like it.

One nice thing about Beyerdynamic would be them selling basically every part as spare part, if something wears out.