Looking for a New TV

Donut417

For a while now Ive been thinking of building a new or buying a new TV. Im not sure what I want to do on the PC front, so Im going to stick with what I have for now. So Im considering the TV route. What I currently have is an OLD School 32" Samsung LCD. One of the ones with the big ass bezels. Currently I get my TV OTA antenna, Hulu Live and Netflix. I use a Amazon firestick, so I dont care if the new TV is smart or not. I have a Nintendo Swtich. Im planing on also purchasing a Bluray player as well, if I go the 4K route, then It will need to be 4K. Im not sure what to look for in TV's. Ive been a PC gamer for a long time and never really been too in to looking in to TV tech. Primary use of this TV will be watching content. Mostly Streaming but there are a few movies Id like to get on 4K Bluray. 

What Im looking for:

40-50 " 

4K? 

Bluetooth Support (Got LG Tones, might also get a Bluetooth speaker for better sound) , and or a Soundbar (recommendations welcome) 

4K bluray Player 

Wall Mountable 

Budget: $500-600 Though if its worth it I might consider going over a bit. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

40 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

TCL 4K with an Xbox One S

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

8 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

TCL 4K with an Xbox One S

Only issue I have is TCL doesnt have a good controller design. Like I said, I use OTA TV, they dont have numbers on the remotes. 

9 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Only issue I have is TCL doesnt have a good controller design. Like I said, I use OTA TV, they dont have numbers on the remotes. 

I'm fairly certain those TVs at $300 ish + Xbox for Blu Ray and others is going to be your best bet for your budget

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

I'm fairly certain those TVs at $300 ish + Xbox for Blu Ray and others is going to be your best bet for your budget

Yes, but I dont want to have to hit the channel up button 30 times to get to the channel. Im on OTA not cable, so no cable TV remote. Most of the TV I watch is OTA, bandwidth caps and shit force me.  Plus I have seen 4K bluray players cheaper than the Xbox one S. Not really a fan of Microsoft, plus Buying an Xbox only for Bluray play back seems like a waste. 

Like I said, I can expand the budget if its worth it. I mean I was budgeting $2K for a PC, and seeing how Im shelving that Idea until later this year or early next year. 

6 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Well what do you need the PC for? You can just buy a different universal remote...

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Well what do you need the PC for? You can just buy a different universal remote...

It was going to be a new Gaming rig to replace the current one built in 2013. Though Im putting that project on the back burner. Because the only game Im interested right now is the new Hitman releasing in 3 months, my current build sits between min and recommended system requirements, so it will be adequate. 

I have a TV remote and an Amazon remote. I dont need to add a 3rd or 4th. Dont need any more clutter than I have. 

• 1 month later...