How do I set up my storage

Heyo everybody! So with my new computer on arrival, I have been wondering how I can set it up so my SSD will load windows but all my downloads and files will go on my hard drive for mass storage. I am installing windows off a USB onto the computer off a first-time startup.

Install windows onto the ssd.

Then right click on your downloads and documents and change their location to the hdd. You can do this in the rightclick menu under properties, then location tab.

Wow, I didn't think it was that easy. Thanks! Another followup question, could I use the Windows 10 USB more than once on different computers?

First off install the os to the ssd. When booted up to the os, dont do anything yet, but start to follow these steps. Go to file explorer, "this pc".

Right click on documents. Then choose properties, then go to location, and change the C to D(or whatever letter you asign to your hdd). Repeat for desktop, downloads, videos, pictures, music etc.

When downloading steam games, go to settings, steam library folders, create a library folder on your hdd, and set it to default.

1.PNG.2eaf4f561a097690375075abb8b7cf95.PNG

2.PNG.02e48f2a18b40ca8698d978f023da209.PNG

3.PNG.c66747695dfc28460c1ad7c80c7ee071.PNG

4.PNG.ddb681671cde7e3680db7ea08ae2fea2.PNG

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Just now, BladeEngage said:

Wow, I didn't think it was that easy. Thanks! Another followup question, could I use the Windows 10 USB more than once on different computers?

yes

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Moreover, you should check your browser's settings and select a download file located on your storage drive (HDD). Same with any sort of apps that you use in order to download or create files (eg. screen capture software). In other words, try paying attention to your warez that create data so that they write the SSD as little as possible, as they degrade after a number of writes.

As for the Windows 10 media disk, yes you can use it on as many PCs as you like, however you will have to install the OS with a new key for each system.

MOBO: MSI Krait Gaming X370 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X [4GHz @1.43V] | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB 2133MHz [2933MHz CAS 16]

GPU: ASUS GTX1060 6GB DUAL Series | SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB

CASE: Thermaltake Suppressor F51 | PSU: Corsair VS550 | COOLING: Corsair H60 [70°C Max @1400rpm] | DISPLAY: LG 29" Ultra Wide, BenQ 1080p Projector

MOUSE: Trust GXT31 MOUSE MAT: HyperX Fury | KEYBOARD: Logitech G510s | UNDERWEAR: HyperX

SOUND: Creative Sound Blaster Omni 5.1 | HEADSET: HyperX Core Cloud | SPEAKERS: Behringer MS16, SONY HT-RT3

CPU-Z Validator: DUCKPC