Help

My PC is having over heating issues, I've tried adding fans to blow air out of the PC and that helps slightly. But it still over-heats with high intensity games, like Subnautica.  Please give me suggestions on how to help this issue.   

What part of your PC is overheating? If it is the CPU you need to get a better cooler or maybe try de dusting your current one if you want to save some money

What are your specs and temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I loaded a core temp test and got on subnautica(because that's the main issue) and the max temp got up to ~75 and that was like 10 minutes of playing with nothing else open

14 hours ago, Panthers27 said:

I loaded a core temp test and got on subnautica(because that's the main issue) and the max temp got up to ~75 and that was like 10 minutes of playing with nothing else open

Thats normal load temp for CPU heavy game when you have just stock cooler. With almost all CPUs. Please tell atleast case & fan setup, CPU, CPU cooler and GPU. We can't help unless we know what you have. How do you know its overheating? What happens that makes you think its issue?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

additional case fans only help if the thermal problem is a "heat gridlock" (sorry, literal translation from my native language) within your tower. In this case, an exhaust fan will reduce the amout of hot air IN your tower.

it wont help if the problem is your heatsink though. Sounds like you run on some kind of stock cooler, maybe with bad thermal compound inbetween.

I dont know how good you are with a screwdriver and your hardware, but if you feel good enough about it try to reinstall your heatsink with fresh TC. Or even better, get a medium aftermarket cooler (Hyper 212, Arctic Freezer , etc). This should decrease your temps waaaaayyy better than any kind of additional case fan.

Ok, I'm not 1001% sure it is, but my PC crashes and when I listen to the fans, they're always loud.  IF you have other ideas of what i could be, I'm open. and i don't get an error code

16 hours ago, Panthers27 said:

Ok, I'm not 1001% sure it is, but my PC crashes and when I listen to the fans, they're always loud.  IF you have other ideas of what i could be, I'm open.

Could you list specs, please? That one sounds like it could be bad PSU. Overheating would mean that temps go over 90C.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I think you mean like the parts, correct me if i'm wrong. I have a AMD A8-6600 APU with a Radeom HD Graphics card, idk the exact power supply, but I know I've used it for years and it puts out a lot of power, i'll figure out the exact version if you need it, I have 20 GB of RAM with 16 usable, I can't remember the motherboard's brand. Sorry, this PC was built a long time ago. IDK if this helps but this pc is 64 bit.

On 7/21/2018 at 4:58 PM, Panthers27 said:

I think you mean like the parts, correct me if i'm wrong. I have a AMD A8-6600 APU with a Radeom HD Graphics card, idk the exact power supply, but I know I've used it for years and it puts out a lot of power, i'll figure out the exact version if you need it, I have 20 GB of RAM with 16 usable, I can't remember the motherboard's brand. Sorry, this PC was built a long time ago. IDK if this helps but this pc is 64 bit.

Thats what I meant. It sounds like low-quality budget PSU. Now, they aren't all bad but they have higher chance to go bad that something from known brand. Another thing could be dying GPU, but that usually shows artifacting (random pixels) before it blows.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

oh ok, thx you've been a lot of help.  I'l do more research and try to see if I can figure it out.