Windows wants me to restart every time I enable/disable a driver. Any way I can prevent this prompt?

Railgun

I use the vJoy controller adaptor and I really wish I didn't have to because vJoy is a pile of worthless garbage that breaks everything. Because of this, I often have to go into device manager and temporarily disable the driver. Recently Windows has been prompting me to restart my computer every time I disable or enable the driver telling me that "the computer needs to restart for the change to take affect" which is complete nonsense. I'm wondering if there is any way I can disable that prompt for this specific driver because last night I accidentally hit yes and lost a bit of unsaved data due to that.

Thanks in advance.

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

The long term solution would simply be to find a way to not use vJoy in the first place.

But anyways, the reason why you need to restart the computer is because it's likely that the driver is not actually disabled due to something holding onto it. Considering the corner use-case here, it's unlikely you can configure the device manager to not show the prompt for that specific driver, or even show the prompt at all.

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The long term solution would simply be to find a way to not use vJoy in the first place.

I wish.

Disabling it has always worked. I don't know why it's only just now starting to prompt a restart. Hopefully I can manage to find a solution...

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W