Never Get CAUGHT Watching Por...

i would use this for gaming or watching movies at home! but seriously is there a link to buy these?!

• 2 years later...

(I know I'm super late to the party, but I only just saw this) Honestly, I would prefer something like this compared to VR. Personally, I have never experienced VR once, but just from what I know about it, the research I've done, and watching other's experiences, I am not great with closing off my senses. I personally prefer something like AirPods (or something like them, I personally use the JBL equivalents) compared to properly sealing hadphones or earpods simply because the silicon tips often seal the sounds around me too much. I would not like headphones with ANC for the same reason.

Connecting back to the original topic, any VR headsets that completely close off my vision from anything around me (like 90% of modern popular VR headsets) I have always avoided. However, something small and light like this that I can easily see around, and even through, the image, I would actually use these. Possibly even in public areas, like a plane. Being in public or around somewhere, or even being alone in my house with ANC headphones and something like an HTC Vive just to watch a movie or play a game would be terrifying. I wouldn't be able to head someone calling for me in another room if needed, and to make matters worse, missing the sound of something like a fire alarm (or equivalent), hearing glass shattering because someone is breaking into my house, or some other crisis. I would just be chilling in my office chair, in my office, while who knows what was going on around me. If the technology was "good" enough, I would have little to no idea that ANYTHING was going on until someone touched me, or I smelled something like smoke (assuming you're in an area that isn't a basement, else this would be even worse).